NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steam Sales

Go down 
+6
ExcessiveEvil
Amaya
s_doolan
acandymancan
Jeeva
Radical Ewok
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeeva
Treasurer

Steam Sales - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:58 am

Slightly off topic, but last night I 'sploded my PC. Sad I was trying to run it from 3 PSUs, and one of the PSUs I now know to be faulty.

Hmph.

I'm pretty bemused atm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:22 am

My friend bought me Hitman: Codename 47 on steam for christmas, and it was on offer at the time.
I sent him garry's mod in return.
So yay.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:09 am

Todays best deal as said by me is the ID super pack, if you like it like that. INSANITY!
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:38 pm

Commander Keen = Win, Old Skool stylie
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:00 am

/guys, Merry Christmas! and wow, again, at todays deals.

BF2 Complete Pack @ £3.74! Awesome game, (multiplayer only, really) at great value! Coming with 3 or so expansions. Crazed.
Red Faction Guerilla @ £~9 Not bad price, good game, not sure how badly it's been ported. Heard some bad stories, but "tried" it once and it seemed fine.
Cogs @ £1.39 - Worth a go? Wink Apparently quite fun, but not tried it or even seen it, so... YMMV.
Resident Evil 5 @ £15 - Bit of a meh price, apparently rather a good game, and having tried it briefly, I guess if you like it like that, you might agree?
Elf Bowling @ £1 (meh)

Kings Bounty: Something @ £8 - I've heard so many people bigging this up, I'm tempted to try and find out why it's such a big deal. I laugh, though, because they were all complaining about the price then buying the bundle the other day because "it wouldnt fall any more". Mind, I heard some people say the same thing about the ID pack on Weds Wink. Overall, has anyone played this or the first one, and have an opinion?
--Having just read up on this, found out it might be considered quite... childish. But have seen it hyped on some loved sites, so will investigate further. But probably not invest. If you love unicorns, this may be the game for you.

Again, Merry Christmas to all.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:29 am

well, in an odd sort of way im starting to hate steam, I have now purchased Red Faction due to their insane sale, and am kinda hoping they wont have any more good games in the sale next since my money is running low xD

And yeah Resi 5 is a good game, if you enjoyed either Resi 4 or Army of Two (with a mate on the co-op) then you will definately enjoy Resi 5.

in other news... Me and my mate have bought the Eidos pack and are going to systematically complete every game in it. We aim to finish by the end of March, we start tonight on Flora's Fruit Farm, possibly the most fail game ever made.

And Merry Xmas peeps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:21 am

I got the Eidos pack and I love it so much. Just a shame that I don't have my rig down here to play any of the games on.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:42 am

Rawr, yeah. Stop making me jealous about the Eidos pack, guys, I got it two years ago and it had half the stuff, and I don't think I can justify it right now. Sad

On the other hand, Batman/Mini Ninjas/DEIW/Floras Farm (!) for £35 isn't to be sneezed at...
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Paul, prep for mad!

Today Torchlight is on sale for £3.50! Whooooo!

Other good stuff includes the Jedi-Pack (one day only package), for £7, all - but - one of the jedi games on steam! Hoorah!
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Jeeva wrote:
Paul, prep for mad!

Today Torchlight is on sale for £3.50! Whooooo!

amagarrrrd. For serious get this game if you like Diablo click and slash style games, tis a very good clone of Diablo!
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:38 am

Sorry this is uber late, I figure I'll update it anyway, (Reason it's so late: I'm pretty sure noone who I don't talk to on Steam is actually checking this thread.).

Some good stuff today, depending on what you like:
Popcap Entire Catalog - £26
DeadSpace -£5.06ish (really great atmospheric game. Will can attest!)
Day of Defeat Source - £1.49 (It was good in the day, it's not great now, but for 1.50?)
Hearts of IRon 3 - £6.24 (I hear great things, if you like WW2 RTS (or rather more strat than RT), take a gander at some reviews)
Zombie Driver - Cheaps (Meh, but cheaps.)

Hope all are well, recovering from Christmas and winding up towards New Year.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 am

i think jeeva has bought everything that steam has to offer. trine is on sale again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:46 pm

I know I probably have, TORCHLIGHT IS WIN.
and yeah bought Mass Effect yesterday and god knows what im gonna buy in the next.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:25 pm

I know I've not been updating this in the last few days (sorry), but everything that is on today is solid gold, either in quality or price... or better, BOTH!

My word.

Also: Last Day of the Sales! (and my PC isn't any more fucked than it was, huzzah!)
Back to top Go down
ExcessiveEvil
Hardcore Gamer
ExcessiveEvil

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:11 am

Let me find what I bought in this sale, sec.....

And here we go!

Morrowind Game of the Year
Mass Effect
Trials 2: Second Edition
Shattered Horizon
Medieval II: Total War (ROW)
Rome: Total War Gold
Max Payne (EU)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (EU)
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
Mr. Robot
Prey
Zombie Driver
Day of Defeat: Source
Lumines Base + Advance Pack
Cogs
Zombie Bowl-O-Rama
Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation
Evil Genius
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukdakka.com
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 am

Much snap there, my friend. 'cept Elf Bowling. I honestly wish I'd not spent 69p on Zombie Bowling, by the same folks, because of their bastard untidy design that makes the demo pop up next to the game ALL the time unless you uninstall the entire thing. Tsh.
I'll write out my list laters. When I've finalised it. =o Still tempted by a couple of things, but working now, and hoping I'll forget before 5 so that I don't get the temptation. Muaha.

Temptations/Recommendations for Today:
Everything on Deal <- They're all awesome.
Chronicles of Riddick (Awesome game, and now it looks good too) @ £5.09
Splinter Cells @ £2.5-£5
World in Conflict @ £10 with exp
Witcher @ £7 <- Owen, if you liked the book
Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit, here in Europe) @ £2.37 <- Brilliant, I recommend it, Jay. They're now doing Hard Rain for the PS3, which intrigues me.
All of the Unreal games for £7 <- Amagard deal?
Dark Sector @ £3 <- Good game, funky thrown slicey-disc-thing

Last edited by Jeeva on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:39 am

medieval II is epic, should get some hamachi/gameranger LAN action goin down tbh.

my favourite game so far is Floras Fruit Farm, sooo good (sarc).
Back to top Go down
ExcessiveEvil
Hardcore Gamer
ExcessiveEvil

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:43 am

Jeeva, good man, Student loan well spent, you can get an easy copy paste list when you're done if you click on my account at the top of the store page tab in steam if ya didn't know

Eagle, sounds like a cunning plan, i'll let you know when i have it installed Smile
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:52 am

my list of steam games from this sale:

Floras Fruit Farm
Lumines
Lumines Advanced Pack
Torchlight
Risk2
Batman Arkham Asylum (cant wait to play this)
Battlestations: Midway
Battlestations: Pacific
Conflict: Denied Ops
Deus Ex: Game Of The Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Codename 47
Infernal
Just Cause
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Mass Effect
Mini Ninjas
Project Snowblind
Red Faction: Guerilla
Rogue Trooper
Shellshock 2 (one of the lowest metascored games on steam, lol)
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tomb Raider: Legends
Tomb Raider: Underworld

A few decent games in there, good thing is I dodnt spend more than £50 in total LOL, TY STEAM.

problem is, I still haven't completed the GTA games I bought in the last steam sale, god knows how im gonna complete all this lot.
Back to top Go down
ExcessiveEvil
Hardcore Gamer
ExcessiveEvil

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 am

Wow you did go crazy, but i smell you bought a big pack there, I have most of those games, i think i got them out of a pack, please enlighten me
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:56 am

yeah the big pack is the Eidos complete collection, had 20/21 games in I think (including batman and lara croft, WIN)
Back to top Go down
ExcessiveEvil
Hardcore Gamer
ExcessiveEvil

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:00 am

Yeah thats the one, i got that at some point aswell
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:14 am

=D awesome pack, wish I could've justified it. Unfortunately I had most of the games, though I'd've loved Batman and Mini NInjas (love IO Interactive, I'm skeptical but the demo had some fun).

I'm really not working, just browsing Steam-Sale-Threads on other forums and being all like "ooh, that's a good deal... =o"

And I totally don't want to post my list, it's embarassing. =( Damn my overdraft, and thank the lord for Christmas and my Birthday being so close to Steam Sale Season.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am

Psychonauts midweek madness for £1! Full of Tim Shafer's awesome mind-juice.

That is craaaazy good!
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 pm

i've got this game and now that it's got controller enabled controlls it's just amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam Sales
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next