NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steam Sales

Go down 
+6
ExcessiveEvil
Amaya
s_doolan
acandymancan
Jeeva
Radical Ewok
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:03 am

Instead of spamming the PC forum with steams deals i'll just be updating this.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:05 am

As I suspected valve are having a sale on Left 4 Dead to promote the new additions to the game. You can currently buy Left 4 Dead over steam for just £16 (saving of 40%). If you don't have this game already I highly recommend it. If you ever feel like a game i'm usually always up for one Smile
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:10 am

07/05/09

Defense Grid: Awakening currently has 75% off this weekend. You can see the review i made of it here.

This is a really great tower defense game that's given me hours of enjoyment, for £3.50 it's totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:47 am

Where're you seeing this, Jay? It's not showing for me. Sad Looking now!
I've always said I wouldn't pay over a tenner for this, and at this price point, why the heck wouldn't you buy it? =)

...damn my low tolerance for good selling practice by Valve.

And doesn't Killing Floor look dreeeeeamy...

Oop, found it. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:26 am

I was about to post the same thing Jay. Defence grid ftw.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:01 am

16/05/09

This weekend sale is Call of Duty: World At War. With 50% off it's selling for just £14.99. Hopefully i'm going to get some more birthday money through in time.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:05 pm

26/06/09

Zeno Clash is 50% off this weekend. I'm downloading it now. But it looks like I won't be able to play much of it (or any) untill i get back from my holiday. It looks pretty good, i recommend you check out it's trailer and wiki page for more info.

Trailer
Wiki

UPDATE: I've played a bit of Zeno Clash and it's really quite fun. The first person fighting mechanic works. It's like the style of Mirrors Edge combat, apart from it isn't tedious and crap. The story has sucked me in and the visual asthetic is great, it's like a cross between Oblivion and Psychonauts with a dash of Beyond Good and Evil in character design. I recommend this game to people who like good story telling and unique gameplay. It has made the classic Guild Wars mistake though and you can't jump, which might have been good to have for another fighting mechanic. I'll post a review once I've had more time with the game, but sadly that's going to be in a few weeks.

I wouldn't expect anything amazing from this game, but it does seem to have a good story and I think it deserves it's average raiting of 8/10. For £7.50 you can't really go wrong Smile
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:30 am

Braid is on sale this weekend with 66% off. So you can currently pick it up for just £3.39. It's got a metascore of 90/100 so you know its good. If you haven't heard anything about Braid then where the hell have you been? Here's a ZP to catch you up Smile

EDIT: Just an update for you. I'm not afraid to say that Braid is impossible ^^

Also sadly the game does not come with controller options. So if you were hoping to play this game with an Xbox controller it looks like you're going to have to resort to playing it on an xbox or using XPadder for PC. That being said the controlls on PC are still very good and don't take away from the game at all.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:41 am

I'd like to heavily pimp GMod, which is on sale Right Now (tm) for the low price of ~£3!

Fantastic sandbox game, awesome multiplayer action, and for those CS students interested in low level hardware stuff... WireMod. AMAGARD, WireMod. It completes me. All I ever do these days in GMod is make shocking robots that trundle gently towards my friends in LAN, carrying a nuke, with a little Compare "GPS co-ords with location of friend_x, when within (range) 'splode!" kind of thing going on. Ahhh, 'tis beautiful. Or fully tracking turrets, using the same stuff.

Anyway, I digress. Garry's Mod is utterly awesome, and for £3 shouldn't be missed. Also you can pose Alyx and the G-Man doing alllll sorts of improbable things.
Back to top Go down
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Is awesome game, but i can't find spacebuild, life support, resource distribution and stargate mod anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Few mins, I'll grab you some links. Are you down with SVNs? Smile
Back to top Go down
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:58 am

Well i got tortoise SVN just need the SVN links to download them.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Swish, my apologies for not linking sooner. Will have them very shortly. You up to date with WireMod? AFAIK, you need Wire for the stargate stuff, though I may be wrong. If not, WireMod forums are here: http://www.wiremod.com/forum/

According to the guide on there, the svn address you'll be wanting is https://svn.wiremod.com/svn/wiremod/
Username/Password: anonsvn/anonsvn

If that comes up right, I want the next podcast to involve Jay and Will and Sam singing that shiz. Yeah.

Stargate SVN URL: https://svn.wiremod.com/svn/stargate/trunk
Password etc is the same.
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:23 am

Ive used the stargate mod and it really is amazing. I love that the creators put all the animations in as well!
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:08 am

Thank you Jeeva Very Happy

You are my hero.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 am

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! To celebrate the release of it's new DLC (free for PC ofc Very Happy) Left 4 Dead is half price! This game is really amazing and you should get it asap! It's currently £12.49 and is a total bargain. I'm not sure how long this deal is going to last for so GET ON IT!
Back to top Go down
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:32 am

Oh man I was so tempted to get this but I already got it on 360 so I decided against it. Maybe l4d 2...
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:33 am

I can't believe you got it for the 360. it's just so much better on PC.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:00 pm

S'trewth, Jay.
Just booted my PC (to Windows) for the first time in a week or so, nice to be back with Steam... and Borderlands and Lu-fu-du-tew are on pre-order!

Gah, so can't afford them, rather want Borderlands due to the various awesome potential gun combos etc, though am a bit skeptical of the rigid (so it seems) class thing going on, LFD2 is lower on the list but I had a blast with the first, so... ooooh. I'm thinking, if we're all wanting, the buy-4-for-£80 seems good, and with the soc we can organise that for those who want?

(Know it's technically OT, but... eh. Sorry. Sad)
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:14 am

As Jeeva has already said there is a MASSIVE Steam sale going on!

Farcry 2 with DLC - £10 (50% off)
Champions Online - £12.49 (50% off)
Osmos - £2 (66% off)
Dragon Age: Origins - £22.49 (25% off)
GRID - £3.74 (75% off)
Batman: Arkham Asylum - £15 (50% off)
Fallen Earth - £15 (50% off)

This are only being sold untill Friday 27th at 4pm. Get on it if you haven't already. I recommend you play the Osmos demo and if you like it then get the full game, it's great.

Plants vs. Zombies is selling for £3.50 for Midweek Madness. So get on it before the weekend! I've personally spent over 150hours (steam recorded) on this game.

Avalible till Monday are the THQ and Lucas Arts bundles.

Lucas Arts Bundle 60% off
THQ Bundle 50% off
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:22 am

Gahs, looking forward to 4pm, but wondering about DA and such.
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 am

Left 4 Dead 2 is now 22.49 as well, woot
Back to top Go down
ExcessiveEvil
Hardcore Gamer
ExcessiveEvil

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 pm

/facepalming everyone who bought l4d2
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukdakka.com
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:10 pm

i still got it for £20. got to rock with the pre-order multi pack Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ExcessiveEvil
Hardcore Gamer
ExcessiveEvil

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:16 pm

/facepalm
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukdakka.com
Sponsored content

Steam Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Sales   Steam Sales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam Sales
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next