NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steam and Windows 7

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy-G
Gamer
Andy-G

Steam and Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Steam and Windows 7   Steam and Windows 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:30 am

Righto - wipe computer, install Win7, eventually get around to re-installing Steam, hit a brick wall.
Anyone had a problem with this combination before?

Basically the client just won't update, saying I ain't connected to the internet when now is one of those rare instances when it's going at full speed.
Tried deleting the .blob, numerous reinstalls, reboots, repairs, and turning off the firewall. Suggestions welcome.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

PostSubject: Re: Steam and Windows 7   Steam and Windows 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:03 am

I'm not one for knowing anything about computers, but my guess is that the Steam client isn't ready for Windows 7 yet.
I heard they're got a client beta running at the minute, so maybe that'll be compatible with 7.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Steam and Windows 7   Steam and Windows 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:19 pm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=steam+errors+with+windows+7

the first website seems to do the trick, you will have to find out yourself ofc.
Back to top Go down
Andy-G
Gamer
Andy-G

PostSubject: Re: Steam and Windows 7   Steam and Windows 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:26 pm

That's not the message I got, but it's working now so can't try it anyway Razz

Can't pin down exactly what it was because I was trying all sorts of stuff, but at least it works.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
krazko
Casual Gamer
krazko

PostSubject: Re: Steam and Windows 7   Steam and Windows 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:13 am

Andy-G wrote:
That's not the message I got, but it's working now so can't try it anyway Razz

Can't pin down exactly what it was because I was trying all sorts of stuff, but at least it works.

Cheers.

Im running Windows 7 and thought mine was working (played MW2 and stuff) but the last few days the program has messed up completely... Every time i restart steam it re-installs... a Pisstake.... -_-
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Steam and Windows 7   Steam and Windows 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 am

Garionepsilon wrote:
I heard they're got a client beta running at the minute, so maybe that'll be compatible with 7.

If you'll excuse me saying so, untruth.

7 and Steam are as fine as Steam and Vista (or Steam and XP, and some might say better with the Jumplist support, which has been in for months) ever was, with some exceptions, which unfortunately Andy seems to have come up against but luckily won. =)

Though they do have a client beta running atm, they have one of them running every other month or so.

Unless you're talking about some other kind of incompatibility than just not working? =\ **confused**

Good to hear it's working, anyway, Andy, and welcome to 7! =D

-Edit: Sorry for being irritable earlier, I take some back. They did have 7 improvements in the latest client patch. My mistake! =)
Quote :
Windows 7 jump list improvements
<- taken from the Steam patch notes.

Should be fine though, sorry Krazko Wink Tried debugging it? Fresh install of 7 etc?

I just hate coursework!
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam and Windows 7   Steam and Windows 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam and Windows 7
Page 1 of 1