NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?

Go down 
+13
Garionepsilon
Hellfang
keziaftw
Jeeva
Shoe box ant
Necro 17
3agle_land3r
acandymancan
Red Five
Radical Ewok
Amaya
Erebus-Styx
edwinj85
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
edwinj85
Gamer
edwinj85

When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Empty
PostSubject: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi, I'm a total newb and just joined.

I don't know anybody here and I have seen no schedules, so I'd like to know when and where the first meeting is please!

Cheers,

Edd.
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Hey Edd, schedule will be here http://www.gamersoc.co.uk/events/ but we're still organizing and scheming at the moment so check back soon. If you weren't at Clifton Freshers Fair I recommend coming down to city tomorrow and check out our booth and we can fill you in on what's going on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Hey newb!

If your wondering what we do when we meet up, we usually meet up at Horn in Hand pub near Rock City ... (if you have no idea where either is) follow the tram line past city library towards town, and it'll be on your right. From there well have a drink, move on to random bars and lulz will be had. In terms of actual gaming, thatll probably be sorted out once an idea of numbers and what the majority are interested in, and events shall be posted on ze place Will linked.

Of course I ain't a committee member, so have no say so over what happens in this totalitarian regime, but from previous experiences, thats what usually goes on!
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 7:22 pm

We've sent a room booking request out and are currently waiting for a responce so we can confirm location and times. The first social will be in city campus and most likely happening on wednesday the 14th from around 2pm to 4pm. Depending on turn out and replys we get from members the time/location of socials will be tailored to the majorities needs. We're be sending out emails well in advance of events to members about socials so don't worry about missing anything. It's more than likely we'll plan events for the socials around what people request on these forums and from previous socials.

The time/date/location above is subject to change, but it is more than likely what it will be for the first social.

See you all there :D
Back to top Go down
edwinj85
Gamer
edwinj85

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:03 am

So basically, city campus next week on wednesday, wait for an e-mail for confirmation?

Got it!
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 am

Hey confirmation!

Wednesday 14th 2:00pm till 4:00pm Chaucer Building Room LT4

See you there!
Back to top Go down
Red Five
Casual Gamer
Red Five

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:13 am

For a Clifton peep, where is Chaucer? :S
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:14 am

Chaucer is City near the boots library.
Back to top Go down
Red Five
Casual Gamer
Red Five

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 am

Cool, got Wednesday free too which helps Smile
Back to top Go down
edwinj85
Gamer
edwinj85

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:32 am

Awesome. Should be good for that, I just really hope I don't get a lecture anywhere near it. Sad
Back to top Go down
edwinj85
Gamer
edwinj85

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey guys, when and where is the next meeting?

Cheers!

Edd.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Hey, you can find out about all the events we're having if you just check our events page on our website. the link has already been posted above. we'll be sending out emails about our events aswell so you never have to worry about missing one. you can also pretty much guarantee that we'll be doing something every wednesday. all you have to do is keep up with the updates we post on our events page Smile
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:09 am

Another thing to note is that soon, only paying members will get emails about upcoming events.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
edwinj85
Gamer
edwinj85

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:30 am

Ah, noted.

I see this is the next meet up:

Gamer Soc Social Slayer City, Horn in Hand 8:00pm Till Bed Time Wednesday 21st October It's the First Night Social so come and get drunk.

Where would the horn in hand be, and can we bring portables like our DS's and card games?
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 am

its round the corner from rock city, or down the road from the tram stop near the corner house. Tis usually rather busy so cards may be wasted if tables are hard to come by. I should be able to get to this one guys Smile not sure how ill find you since I don't know what you all look like but tbh im sure I can just follow the cries of M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!!! and should be able to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:16 am

edwinj85 wrote:

Where would the horn in hand be, and can we bring portables like our DS's and card games?

Horn in Hand is round the corner from Rock City, if you know where that is. If not, follow the tram tracks from city library past the building that is under construction - is like a 5 minute walk, and its on your right next door to the Speak Easy pub.

I dont think anyone else will be bringing portables. I was under the impression that we alternated between social and gaming weeks, and this week is pub crawl week! Ofc theres no pressure to get wasted, or stay out all night, would just be cool to meet new people and chill out.

Ohhh and we usually end up upstairs on the left, but try and wangle a member of the committees mobile number or something... would offer mine but battery gone and charger is round my gfs!
Back to top Go down
Necro 17
Gamer
Necro 17

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:43 am

Question: I signed up last year and yet I recieve no emails?
It's always nice to be included Smile
And yes I did pay to join so why I haven't recieved emails if they've been sent I do not know Sad
Also when is the next social as I missed the first one Sad
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:56 am

Hi all. The next social is TONIGHT! YAYAAAY!!! Tonight is going to start out at horn in hand. You should have been emailed with the infomation about what time it is and a google map of how to find it. If you've paid and didn't recieve that email then tell us by email at ntu.gamersoc@gmail.com and we'll sort it out.

I would not suggest bringing portables or card games as all places we're going tend to be a bit too busy for that, plus the tables are usually sticky from spilt drinks. Tonight is more about drinking and having a laugh than actual gaming. I don't want to put off non-drinkers from this event though. It's always a really good atmosphere on gaming socials and you can go home at anytime if you don't feel like staying out late Smile

Don't worry about not finding us. We're usually quite easy to spot in pubs/bars, etc... and most committee members will be wearing our purple gamer soc hoodies. So when you spot us just come over and introduce yourself Smile

We'll be sending out another email today that has my contact number incase you get lost or forget directions to the horn in hand. Horn in hand is next to the tram tracks, so if you can find them anywhere in town then you can find horn Smile The map for it is here here.

My contact number is 07525644292

Hope to see you out tonight for some good geek fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Necro 17
Gamer
Necro 17

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:02 am

Ok cool, thanks for the info
What time does it start tonight?
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:18 am

also of note, last years membership covers last year only. You will need to renew for this year (we all had to, committee included)
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:06 am

It starts at 8pm tonight. For more infomation please get into the habbit of checking the events page on our website Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:40 am

Necro: 2000 @ Horn in Hand

=)
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:14 am

I mentioned on the gamersoc site, but thought I would here too... Don't forget I.D! Tis almost guarenteed you'll get I.D'd (sp?!) everywhere!
Back to top Go down
keziaftw
Insane Gamer
keziaftw

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:11 am

guise you have to facebook me about these things Sad
no leaving me out now!

I'm seeing Enter Shikari tonight, but I will give El Presidenté a text/call when I'm done and see if Me and Mikey can come out to play for a bit.

Hallo to new members btw, you will know my legacy soon enough.
Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kezziebeat
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:34 pm

missed you tonight kezzie but we understand. next wednesday is just a gaming social during the day. but we might hook up a night out after aswell like we did last week if people are interested. tonight was pro. can't wait to get to know the people from last night better :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?   When is the first meeting this year (2009) ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When is the first meeting this year (2009) ?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next