NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stubbs the Zombie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Checked a Steam update which says for this weekend only it will be selling Stubbs the Zombie for $4.99. That's £3.20 to you and me. I'm in the middle of downloading it, but I've heard it's a pretty good game. Here's a little about the game:

From the Executive Producer of Halo, comes Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse. You play as Stubbs, an undead antihero who takes on a futuristic city using nothing but his own carcass and the weapons of his possessed enemies. This third-person action game uses the Halo engine and integrates tongue-in-cheek humor and a strong storyline with innovative combat.

In death, Stubbs has finally achieved the success and power he never had in life - and he sees no reason to stop until all of Punchbowl, Pennsylvania is his. Of course, billionaire playboy industrialist Andrew Monday has other ideas. The tension mounts until the city explodes in a full-scale human vs. zombie war.

Be the Zombie in an epic battle between the living and the dead.
Take over Punchbowl, an immersive, futuristic city built with the Halo engine.
Convert bitter enemies into a horde of zombie allies by eating their brains.
Use your body as a weapon: explosive gut grenades, toxic zombie sputum, a severed hand that can crawl through tight spaces and possess the living, and unholy flatulence.
Possess unsuspecting humans and use their weapons against their friends.
Use zombie strength to smash down doors and maul any human who gets in your way.
Original soundtrack features 13 songs from various artists including, Ben Kweller, Death Cab for Cutie, Cake, The Walkmen, Phantom Planet and more!

If the stuff I bolded out in there doesn't seem great to you then i'll have the waitress order up some imagination and happyness for you.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:58 pm

From what I remember, some fair average reviews... but to be honest.

£3.20ish?

Effing score!
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:01 pm

I've been playing it for the last 2 hours or so. The game play is kind of simple with very few attacks, but its really good mindless fun with quite a few funny moments such as a gas pump which starts to fuck a cop car as it's filling it up. Ofcourse for £3.20 I personally see it as being amazing. Hell I would have paid the £3.20 just for this classic gaming moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3OjT2ahAJ8
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:36 am

That's the most appalling use of the Halo engine I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:54 am

If you could get off master cheifs band wagon for one second you'll see that although stubbs is an original fun game to play, yes it is quite simple but show me another game where you can remove your own head and bowl it at a group of enemies then blow it up when it gets to them and i will show you a.... really long sentence :X
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:05 am

Lol wtf! i herd this game got some mixed reviews, some good, some bad. Its what you make of it I guess Jay.

Another game on steam I downloaded the other day for about £5 was abes oddesye and exodus!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING AMAZING! I used to play them as a kid on my ps1 and me and my sis would try get sooooooo far. Regresses me back to my childhood haha. Good times!
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 am

Yeah I loved the abes Odyssey games. I dug my PS1 out over the same and played that a bit, it was crazy hard tho.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Jeeva
Treasurer

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 5:08 pm

Talking of games from the past, bought me Fallout 1 + 2 on GoodOldGames.com the other day. Brilliant! =D

...well, really old. But I've been hankerin' for some Fallout style action since I watched all the Fallout 3 gameplay footage things on Fileplanet, and since I've not subbed to Neocron in an age...

=D
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Sponsored content

Stubbs the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs the Zombie   Stubbs the Zombie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stubbs the Zombie
Page 1 of 1