NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:51 am

Hey folks, t'is me, the elusive Lazuka. xD

Anywho, lately I've been pondering something. I got my brother this very cool looking RPG book about the Force Unleashed. I read through it yesterday, and fell in love with the idea. I mean, more than normal. I did some background checking, and have ordered the main book I need from amazon. Ultimately, since it's made by Wizards, it's a lot like D&D, just, Star Warsy.

If anybody feigns interest, or better yet actual interest, I may want to start something up with you folks. So, I've posted it here to ask for thoughts and comments on whether or not it'd be a good idea or a total waste o' time. I expect different opinions, but comments are most welcome!
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:48 am

I've been itching to have a go at a D&D game ever since I saw Unforgotten Realms. I'm sure it'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:58 am

Hoorah! The book arrived. All is well in the universe. Now to get reading this bad boy and understanding how a GM does his/her job
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:36 am

Perhaps this should go in the tabletop part of the forum, we have a DnD thread there and are currently in the process of setting up a second Campaign group

Hmm....star wars huh, might be worth a look
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Well, if it can be shifted over that'd be great. And aye, Star Wars... Interesting, if complicated read.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:45 am

I call shotgun on the misunderstood bounty hunter.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 9:35 am

Radical Ewok wrote:
I call shotgun on the misunderstood bounty hunter.

Only if I can be the moody GM.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:12 am

There should be no 'save the clonetrooper pinned down' missions and we get to pick up Darth Maul's lightsaber along the way.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:23 am

That's entirely up to you... Personally, I'd let the Clone die and get the job at hand done... And as for that lightsaber, it is possible. Who knows what happened to it?! Very Happy

Anyway, I'm going to get some planning done...
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:27 am

Alrighty. I must warn, though, that if there is to be calculations of damages and exp and stuff, then I'm bringing my calculator. I cannot do maths. Ignore the A level in maths I got, I cannot do maths. I even embarassed myself during my SPF meeting by taking minutes to work out how many hours of work I do a week.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:29 am

Personally, I think that idea is a good one. Luckily, it's mostly dice rolls and you have to get higher than your opponent's. But, it could be handy for designing a character. Plenty of modifiers to keep one happy. Also, as far as I'm aware there is no meeting today, so I'll be using the week to get a little story set up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:35 am

Shoe box ant wrote:
Perhaps this should go in the tabletop part of the forum

Moved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)   Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars RPG? (group gaming!)
Page 1 of 1