NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Powder Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:00 am

My brother found this a couple of years ago. I'm still playing it today. It's like an indie sandbox game, and it's quite addictive.

http://dan-ball.jp/en/javagame/dust/

There are a helluva lot more features than when I first started playing, and additions keep piling up. You're gonna have to experiment to see how each individual part affects the other. Very Happy

The site also has some other good games based around this concept of bit gaming, such as:
- an RPG game where you move men with various skills across the screen through monsters.
- one where you have to make a planet using water and sand (still looks to be in development)

So have fun. If you work out how to save what you create, do so and put the link here. And also tell me how you did it, because I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:32 am

Just come up with a good thing to do in the game.

Ant wars. Very Happy

Set your dot size to 9 and the dot capacity to large. Place a ball of metal in one part of the screen, a ball of vine in the other and a ball of ice in another.

Now sprinkle some ants on top of them, sit back and see which ant colony wins by commanding the most screen space or has corrupted the rest of the colonies. The game ends when either when all the dots have been used up (nothing else happens and the ants stop moving) of when you feel as if the battle has been won.

For a bit of a challenge, also place a ball of glass in there. The ants using it will still be visible but the actual will not.

Then when you want to start again, set fire to the vine and watch the apocalpse begin. Very Happy No really, setting fire to the vine makes it continually aflame, which makes the air blow around and turn the ice into water, which then dissolves the metal. So in fact it's a never ending inferno of destruction and death. (the glass is unaffected however which sorta ruins the moment.
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:59 am

you had three of us playing this in systems software last week instead of doing work, damn you.

yeah i've been following the development of this game since the first version. one of my favourite things to do in this new one is to spawn the player and then shoot a laser at his head. now when you press down the little guy shoots lasers out of his face. left right and up move him around. then i just put down a bunch of fighters and shoot them, or shoot ice outta my face and try to freeze them and stuff. it's pretty rad.
Back to top Go down
http://hellfang.co.uk
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 am

Hellfang wrote:
one of my favourite things to do in this new one is to spawn the player and then shoot a laser at his head. now when you press down the little guy shoots lasers out of his face. left right and up move him around. then i just put down a bunch of fighters and shoot them, or shoot ice outta my face and try to freeze them and stuff. it's pretty rad.

If you think that's good, wait till you turn him into Firefighter Man(!) Fighting the evil forces of magma with the power of water.
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Garionepsilon wrote:
If you think that's good, wait till you turn him into Firefighter Man(!) Fighting the evil forces of magma with the power of water.

indeed! that's always a good one. and well as playing gardener and just putting down some vines and squirting water on them to grow plants and stuff :3
Back to top Go down
http://hellfang.co.uk
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:53 am

Hellfang wrote:
and well as playing gardener and just putting down some vines and squirting water on them to grow plants and stuff :3
And then setting it on fire. Fire is good.
I always like creating a lava monster for some reason, and then trying to get the player to defeat it by putting out the magma in its head. I also try and turn the rest of the screen into a 2D level of some description.
I'm gonna try making this and see if I can either screen capture it or save it to the site.
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:42 am

This is very similar to a game I used to mess about with called "Hell Of Sand"

http://andyslife.org/games/sand.php
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Erebus-Styx wrote:
This is very similar to a game I used to mess about with called "Hell Of Sand"

http://andyslife.org/games/sand.php
Ah, yeah. Similar, but not as good. Very Happy Not much freedom with specific particles falling down.
Back to top Go down
ExcessiveEvil
Hardcore Gamer
ExcessiveEvil

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Oh wow i played this like 21323544 years ago, nice improvements since then
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukdakka.com
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:49 am

I have new idea for this. (seriously, this is all I do with my time). I call it 'The Mining Game'.

Start by laying down some stone and water in random places on the floor. Turn the water into ice. Sprinkle some more water on top of the ice to make it look rugged. Now make a large metal box with a hole in the side. Add some metal legs going from the box into the ice. This is your 'shelter'. Place a player in the shelter and you're all set.

Basically pretend that the player has been shipped out to an arctic area/planet and has to mine the stone there. The stone turns into powder when it is dragged using the Drag tool. Powder is for all intents and purposes 'valuable'. Your goal is to help the player get the stone out of the ice, into powder, and into the shelter, ready for collection by the boss.

You cannot just melt the ice and drag the powder. Try to be realistic. Here are some suggestions for how to mine:
-Build a laser drill. Set up a rectangle of metal with an open end over the ice. Place some clone (the 'reactor') into the rectangle and introduce Laser to it. Presto, a drill that cuts through the ice and will not damage the stone. (note that lasers set fire to powder so be careful).
-Build a bomb chute. Just set up a metal platform and pipe over the ice, stand your player on it and produce Bomb to blow up the ice. Be warned that it destroys stone and powder so be sure only to use a little to get deep enough to reach the stone.
-Set a nitro charge. This is reckless and will no doubt blow up the whole thing. Build a tiny metal box (tiny), add nitro, retreat the player to a safe distance and letta rip.

Once you get the stone out in the open you can simply drag it to turn it into powder. Then:
-drag it to the shelter, but only within range of your player (i.e. make it look like the player himself is dragging the powder to the shelter)
-or set up a vacuum system using metal pipes and fans (may fail, use with caution).

When all stone has been mined. Initiate the following:
-Lay down some more stone under the ice and above it.
-Slosh some water over the setup as 'rain'. This will cover the stone but also corrodes your shelter. Perform maintenance on your shelter by removing water on it and adding metal.

The game is lost when:
-The player is killed.
-The shelter is destroyed.
-The powder collected within the shelter escapes somehow.

Once you have collected enough powder to fill up the shelter completely, you have won. You can then try and build a helicopter over the shelter to transport the powder, but I still haven't figured out that completely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Powder Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powder Game   Powder Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powder Game
Page 1 of 1