NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E3 Predictions *2009*

Go down 
+4
Serif
Radical Ewok
s_doolan
Shoe box ant
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

E3 Predictions *2009* Empty
PostSubject: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Ok guys, its that time of year again, the Electronic Entertainment Expo! And with four (3 now?) days to go lets discuss our big predictions for the event (I know we talked bout this before but I was wasted). Will Nintendo recover from last years train wreck of a conference? Will Microsoft announce/steal a new and compelling idea or IP? Will this year FINALLY be the year of the PS3???

All this and more to be revealed!!!

.Hideo Kojima's next big game will not be Metal Gear related and will be underwhelming/something we already know about thus securing his position as the gaming industries biggest troll for yet another year

.Microsoft will announce some sort of new interface, either peripheral based or interface based (ala dashboard update) that has already been done by some other platform 2 years prior; it will be green

.Nintendo will attempt to appease the core crowd by offering ONE core title, this will be Pikmin for Wii, the only new Zelda we will be seeing is Spirit Tracks but we already know about this one; the rest will be a casual fest, possibly new Wii Fit

.Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be previewed; it will be awesome

.Sony will throw some numbers around and preveiw the same games they have been preveiwing for the past 3 years (im looking at you FF XIII), new PSP without UMD, no slim model and NO Price cut....oh yes and:

Quote :
"This year will be the year of the PS3"

so what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:29 pm

I believe Hideo Kojima's new game will prolly be metal gear related as the preview site for his next game now has a big boss face popping up every so often..... but who knows could it be some other guy with an eye patch and a manly beard?
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Trailer for Half Life 2: Episode 3 will be revealed.

MARK MY WORDS!
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:17 am

New pokemon game huh?
Don't get me wrong, they're good games, but new?
You may have seen it thrown around forums here and there, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced it's true.
New pokemon games: Same shit, new paintjob. Seriously. Every new game is just a rehash of the old stuff, different towns and names, different pokemon, same game.
I''d love to see them come out with something original, but really, if you're sick of your old pokemon games, you're sick of them all.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:44 am

Quote :
I believe Hideo Kojima's new game will prolly be metal gear related as the preview site for his next game now has a big boss face popping up every so often..... but who knows could it be some other guy with an eye patch and a manly beard?

Yea I know about that....hes fooling us all, you'll see. This is MGS 2 all over again

Quote :
New pokemon games: Same shit, new paintjob. Seriously. Every new game is just a rehash of the old stuff

no, not rehash, refinement of a formula, each iteration coming closer to perfection

Quote :
Trailer for Half Life 2: Episode 3 will be revealed

YES PLEAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:34 am

Half Life 3 anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:49 am

I don't think Valve is planning to take the series any further than the next episode Sad
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:48 pm

they did say (before Half Life 2 ep 2) that the series was to be a trilogy, but I heard more recently that they were going to drop it after ep3, which sucks Sad
Still, can't wait for the next instalment Very Happy bring on the headcrabs and don't forget your wepons and normal peaople close Wink
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:52 am

The difference between nintendo and sony

E3 Predictions *2009* Bands10
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:56 am

Ive just got back home and am currently going through the announcements, man what the hell

so many unknown announcemwnts with so many predictable ones...and im not sure I like any of them . Il have to let it sink in, Team ninja making new metroid??? at first i was like Evil or Very Mad but then I was like.... Neutral

Agh I need to let it all sink in, oh and seems most of my predictions were off
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:57 pm

I think E3 this year was better than anyone could have predicted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:21 pm

ok so:

.Kojima is working on 'new' metal gear in a sence, but apparantly also working on Castlevania, No MGS 5, however I never predicted that so I was WAY wrong

.Microsoft anouncet that...motion thing, whatever its called, it is black but the stage was very green. However this rumour was going around last E3 so I dont deserve a point

.Not only did nintendo announce more than one core game, not one of them was pikmin, its as if they read my prediction and wiped their arse with it by preveiwing new Zelda wii artwork. also no wii Fit or pokemon. A complete wipeout for me

.Ahh... old reliable, PSP GO announced (though this was leaked) but they DID preveiw FF XIII agaiiiinnnn, so im calling this one a victory. oh and Year of the PS3

all in all, E3 was suprising, maybe too much. So many new announcements, but is it me or do they all seem to be sequels, but is that different from any year? Man Im such a jaded gamer Sad
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Shoe box ant wrote:
but is it me or do they all seem to be sequels, but is that different from any year? Man Im such a jaded gamer Sad

Man, it seems even Valve are cashing in on the whole sequal shiz with left for dead 2... if Valve are starting to whore out, who do we heap our fanboi praise on now?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 Predictions *2009*   E3 Predictions *2009* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E3 Predictions *2009*
Page 1 of 1