NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*

Go down 
+7
Serif
Erebus-Styx
acandymancan
Hellfang
Radical Ewok
keziaftw
Shoe box ant
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Empty
PostSubject: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:59 pm

Greetings Gamer society,

Given the recent absence of our formal gatherings and general hootenannies, I have decided to take it upon myself the fill this void with a 'soiree' of sorts. Therefore you are all courtely invited dear ladies and fine gentleman to a 'box social' at my place of residence.

But yeah enough of the victorian gentlemen talk, I figured with things the way they are (no J7, house hunting, course work) if a social was going to happen it would have a hosted thing. so any takers?

I was thinking maybe monday like usual, meet up at the glow bar (or the speakeasy, as its my perfered locale), then from there head back to my flat for some guitar hero and smash bros and general shinanigans. be warned though, its a 3 man flat so I hope you dont mind sitting on the floor

Post if anyones intrested so I know what to exspect...or if I should even be bothered

Last edited by Shoe box ant on Mon May 25, 2009 11:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
keziaftw
Insane Gamer
keziaftw

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:08 am

sounds awesome!
i'm down with thattt
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kezziebeat
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:39 am

THIS SOUNDS FUCKING METAL! lets do it Very Happy great job boxy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:29 am

sounds rad shoebox~!

i'll deff come along. i'm sure doolan will tag along too.
Back to top Go down
http://hellfang.co.uk
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:44 am

HELL YEA BABY. lol Defo this sounds pro. This monday right?
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Yea, monday was the plan but since its an unofficial thing Im happy to move it around. Was thinking meet up at the pub around 7pm, drink for an hour or so while people turn up then head to mine, its about a 10 minuet walk from uni and about 1 min from Jay's house.

so yeah post if your coming, I wanna know how much booze snacks i'll need
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Sounds pro, I'll be there...
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:08 am

i will bring snacks too
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 am

For once I may be able to make this. Just think, me, at a social. Blasphemy!
But seriously, I'll probably be there, especially if it's starting at the point.
Back to top Go down
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:25 am

Yea i'll be there. Sounds good ^______________________^
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 am

yeah dude i'll bring a bottle of "snacks" as well
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:12 am

To quote the street sharks 'JAWSOME!'

So yeah Monday night meet up at the Speakeasy for 7pm then at around 8pm head to mine, It doesn't matter if you arrive late, just get there before 8 so you dont get left behind!

for those not sure of where the speakeasy is, from the boots library follow the tram tracks toward town center, you'll find it on the right next to a couple of curry houses and the 'horn in hand' pub, its by the theater royal and the 'halo' night club.

if anyone needs more info jus post here or PM me for my phone number

oh and 'snacks' for all
Back to top Go down
keziaftw
Insane Gamer
keziaftw

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:22 pm

I will be there!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kezziebeat
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 pm

street sharks is making a come back. it seems like i spent all of last weekend talking about street sharks and dinosaucers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5OwbTuMczU
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:39 pm

What did I just watch, it was like Teenage mutant hero turtles mixed with transformers and captain planet but with dinosaurs.
still its no Bucky O'Hare...

*this thread is now about 80's cartoon shows*
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Shoe box ant wrote:
still its no Bucky O'Hare...
fuck yeah Bucky O'Hare
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Bucky O'Hare intro is so fucking metal
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:51 am

prrrroooo. Street sharks are leet! Il cya at speasy at 7
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:49 am

are we going to do a walk past kaya to get some booze and snacks or should i get them early and pick them up on the way? I was thinking kaya because then people wont have to bring bags of booze into speasy
Back to top Go down
jax0509
Gamer
jax0509

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:16 am

Sorry im gonna miss this guyz....I know I epic fail but I promise after reading week I'll come more often again Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:34 am

yes supplies after speakeasy, I dont see them allowing us in with our own supplies, kinda defeats the point of a pub.
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Shoe box ant wrote:
Speakeasy for 7pm
So uh, I was just there and could see anyone anywhere, hung around for 10 minutes or so, too.
Fail much.
Where were you guys?
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 pm

dudeeee!

We were there til 8:10 ish, our table had clear line of sight to the door! As you come in we were on the right in the middleish! Doolan and friend got there around 7, me and ant around 7:10, kez around 7:20, jay and thomassss around 7:30!

There were only 4 of us til jay et al turned up!

Sucks that you missed it man, shit was cashhhhhh1

Oh and

drunk lol
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:24 am

Ahh man that sucks Serif. Really sorry we missed you. A good rule of thumb for gamer soc meetings is turn up ~30mins after the designated meeting time. As far as the commity goes we're pretty much all about the fashionably late enterance.

As for shoe box, seriously man, that was so fucking awesome of you! We've been feeling pretty bad about not having set something up for this term and you came to our rescue with bowls of crisps, pizzas and smash bros. Thanks for such a good night man it was alot of fun.

I'm going to tidy my house and get back on my housemates good side so i'll be able to host a social at my place. Maybe start off in H&H and bank ourselfs the seats next to the window so we'll be easier to find.

Thanks again shoe box (you're my hero :X)
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:55 am

Ah, Sorry serif!!! we Should of had a sign or something, we'll make it up to you next time we get together....somehow. you made the effort though and for that you have our undying love and affection

But yeah man, glad it went well! me sam an paul were still up at 6 playing street fighter (Chun li - FUCK YEAH!!!). Does anyone know if Doolan is ok, I put him in a taxi at some point with £10 but im not even sure where I sent him....:S Awesome time though, When I decided to do it I wasn't even sure anyone would show so really appreciate it, and a party is nothing without its guests so I think everyone needs to give themselves a high five (otherwise known as 'the self five').

oh and Jay
Quote :
SHOEBOX (heart's) MY MESSAGES LOVE TEH WOK

lol wut?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*   Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoe box ant's : RETURN OF THE *Shoe Box Social*
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next