NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life Empty
PostSubject: Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life   Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:45 am

Officially announced today and its looking great, I don't know how blizzard kept a lid on it for so long. Anyway last time I played diablo 2 it robbed me of several months of my life, that game was more addictive that crack cocaine dusted with nicotine and dipped in chocolate... not that i would know or anything. Rolling Eyes

check it out on kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/5020479/diablo-iii-videos-trailer-gameplay-footage
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life   Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:27 pm

I am so looking forward to it. Been playing Diablos forever and a week, s'brilliant.

...hope they get it more right than Hellgate did, much as I love Hellgate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life   Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:34 pm

that looks cool. i like the witch doctor guy. i've never played diablo, but i've heard that there is alot of camping bosses and then selling there loot on ebay, etc... i wonder if blizzard will implament a "soul bound" system to loot like they do in WoW.

Also i thought that if you died in game (i think a barbarian got eaten in that video) you couldn't just res like you do in WoW, your character is dead forever. but then you get your friends to loot your body and give you back your stuff when you roll a new toon, or something like that. im just trying to remember stuff a friend said about D2 to me ages ago.

anyway it should be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life   Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:57 am

In diablo you drop all your equipped items and respawn at the closest town, hopefully the party your playing with won't steal your stuff. you play online with a party of 8 people its no MMO. don't know what spell bounding is but i assume its like upgrading a weapon, in diablo you get socketed weapons that you put jewels into to give your attack or armour magical properties.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life   Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:02 pm

another friend of mine was playing a game called something like dungeon raiders or something along those lines. are there towns where you meet people to party with and sell your loot? btw soulbound items are bound to your soul. meaning that once you equip them they can no longer be passed to others for them to use / sell.

I think im going to give it ago. obviously warhammer online, wrath of the linch king (next wow expantion) and diablo 3 are all going to be released at the same time. i've really been put off warhammer because its an EA game, and i know what those cunts are like. WoW imo has outstayed its shelf life, and i think the next expantion will be when alot of people quit MMOs altogether. D3 have my intrest atm. although i think i might try and get away from the soul consuming RPGs for a while and focus on FPS more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life   Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diablo 3 Announced... So long social life
Page 1 of 1