NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shyna_Nera
Gamer
Shyna_Nera

The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Empty
PostSubject: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I just thought I should mention the Anime Society here, since I know there's a lot of crossover between gamers and anime fans (hence all the anime themed games, game themed anime, etc, etc). We're also a new society for 2008. Very Happy

Anyway, we're showing Ghost in the Shell in the Waverly Lecture Theatre on Friday the 10th, at 6pm. Everyone from the NTU is welcome. Smile We're also showing an Action night on Wednesday the 8th, and a Comedy/Romance night on the 9th, all starting from 6pm.

So come along if you're interested. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:49 pm

08/09 is the year of the geek. I've never seen ghost in the shell before but I think i'll check it out. Just post an update here and I'lltry and pop along.
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:47 pm

I've got ghosts 1 on dvd its some wacky shit but very good, I don't like much anime/manga but that, studio ghibli films and escaflowne are my three exceptions (and sometimes early dragonball z, daiguard, pokemon).
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:37 am

sounds good. I might pop in to watch it.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Uhhh, damnit, dude.

The one night I'm seeing Dylan Moran, you put on the one anime piece I keep saying I should watch (due to me not being able to name 4 others).

Can I borrow that DVD, Es?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Shyna_Nera
Gamer
Shyna_Nera

PostSubject: Re: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Jeeva wrote:
Uhhh, damnit, dude.

The one night I'm seeing Dylan Moran, you put on the one anime piece I keep saying I should watch (due to me not being able to name 4 others).

Can I borrow that DVD, Es?

Well, we also have preview nights on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday has the first GITS series episode, along with 4 others (Hellsing, Bokurano, Evangelion, Gunslinger Girl).

Wednesday is Action Night, Thursday is Comedy Night.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:30 am

=) Maybe I'll have to come catch some of them then, sorry 'bout the other reply.
Hehe, I'll watch that filmy-thing sometime. =)

=) ...I really should stop bracketing things with emotes. =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Shyna_Nera
Gamer
Shyna_Nera

PostSubject: Re: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Oh, and we're showing Final Fantasy: Advent Children in Clifton, too.

Date:
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Time:
6:00pm - 8:30pm
John Claire Lecture Thetre, Clifton Campus - TBC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.   The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Anime Society - Blatant Cross-promotion ftw.
Page 1 of 1