NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Go down 
+3
ExcessiveEvil
3agle_land3r
3lmo
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:54 am

ah yahtzee is always very harsh with his reviews, of course done for the humour value, some of his points i do agree with, there are copious amounts of dust everywhere. but, im sure if you went to these places there would be a lot of dust, and it's not so bad as to make it unrealistic.

and not having completed the single player I cannot entirely fairly justify my oppinions but I do think it is a decent sp experience, the AI has improved from the first bad company, which just made the game ridiculous, and instead makes the game challenging, rather than ragey hah.

but you have to look at what the game IS, which is a mainly multiplayer focused experience, and taking that into account, it's great.

Stat tracking is awesome, the game feels like BF2, not so much that newbies to Battlefield think its crap and old, since its been updated and injected with awesome. But also alike enough to BF2 that the tactical gameplay and essential teamwork is still there.

So yeah what I'm getting at is that, the multiplayer is the main part of the game, as opposed to something like Gears Of War, where sp is the majority of the gameplay. Take the multiplayer out of Halo 3 and I think most people would find it pretty unremarkable, still a good game, but not the same as the Halo 3 we know, BF:BC2 is exactly the same, if it didn't have the multiplayer, it would be pretty unremarkable.

Sorry for the wall of text.... /sigh can't get the hang of short and sweet.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:56 pm

3agle_land3r wrote:
yahtzee is always very harsh with his reviews, of course done for the humour value, some of his points i do agree with,

Ahh, strewth mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:28 am

lols, indeed, him being Australian may contribute to his seeming anger at the games industry, as they pay a lot more than we for games, which we tend to think as overpriced as it is (which they are).
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:09 pm

and far harder to find a decent server, don't forget that Wink Smile

Since I missed the original theme, I was shown this on the PS forums. Smile
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:20 am

yes... Smile
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:28 am

Wikipedia wins all. I'm amused by the attribution to stuff like STALKER for bullet drop, though, in the same way as I was amused when they advertised UT3 as "By the makers of GoW".

Edit: "They"? The wizards? Adverts and stuff.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:49 am

indeed, I thought BF2 was more renowned for it's realistic bullet drop and it seems strange for them to reference a game of almost different genre to it but still, I guess no-one really cares :p
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Edit: Seemed harsh. Doing it via PM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2   Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: PC and Mac-
Jump to: