NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Borderlands

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeeva
Treasurer

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:43 am

Hey guys and gals,
I'm really rather excited about this game, and am looking to get pre-order it before launch... of course, that's Friday, AFAIK.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting the Steam 4-pack along with me? Cost: £20/copy, I think.

Looks great, IMO, RPS just did a lovely verdict on it, though the overall thing was a bit rambling. Wink Good quote:
Quote :
Jim: And it’s often really good shit. I really like the way weapons work – that the brand name of the weapon roughly corresponds to its stats.
Kieron: There’s some weapons which are so agreeably oddball, but totally useless by the end.
Jim: There’s an odd sadness to parting with a weapon – it was like the incredible giant blue hammer I had in WoW. I kept it long after it was no use.
John: Yeah. “Goodbye old friend. You served me well.”
Alec: I had a low-level revolver which grew bullets.
Jim: Grew bullets? I didn’t even know they did stuff like that. Although the weapon vending machine boasts that weapons can heal you, which I’ve never seen either.
Alec: I also had a shotgun that fired rockets.

I love the sound of the craaaazy amounts of weapons. Oh yeah, and the engineer guy can heal people by firing rockets at them. Craaaazy!

Anyone interested? If not interested in Steam, I believe shopto.net is selling disc copies for £19.99, but shipping required?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Sounds like some developers have been at the narcotic drugs again. But hey, it could work. They said TF2 was bat fuck insane but this sounds to be even worse/better. So lets give it a shot.
Lol, and sure, I've got 5 quid to spare. I need another steam game anyway.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:31 pm

I saw some stuff about this a while back and it looked pretty decent, I know they completely revamped the graphics halfway through development and heard good things about the development team. What I never heard was that insane price though, I'll definately put £5 in Smile apparently its 4 player co-op too? sounds win tbh. Very Happy add meee on steam: 3agle_land3r Smile
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:05 pm

I realise now that I aready have you on steam lol
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:29 pm

me and doolan are in for the £20 version. just need one more person in the soc to come in :))))))))))) im sure we can get them np :DDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:07 am

I just had a spy at the wikipedia page for this and saw the cover picture. I've seen it before, I think, in a games store at some point in the past week or something. Might've been a preorder, I dunno, but it definitely was being promoted. Must get. Very Happy

EDIT:
Oh wait, I realise now it's £20 PER copy, and therefore around £80 for the fourpack. My bad. I'll bring £20 with me to the next social and hand it to whoever is collecting the money (probably Jeeva).

I also watched the trailer. I didn't realise it was by 2K, the makers of Bioshock. Well it certainly explains why the game has such a creative streak.

Must play as big beefy Heavy man and shout RUN COWARDS.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:09 am

Recommend the http://www.rockpapershotgun.com preview/talky thing about it, for more on the screaming fisting bloke. Smile
And awesome on the demand, it is unfortunately 20£ each. Sorry! If there's still interest from both of you, I can try get another four pack organised?
Will order tonight!
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 am

It depends really on what we think once we've played it. Get a single fourpack for now, no sense in buying two fourpacks for 5 people untill everyone is certain it's a good game and worth the buy. As such, I shall sit out on the fourpack untill eaglelander, radical ewok, drollan and jeeva provide a verdict.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am

Very Happy yeah I did just realise its £20, I thought £5 was a bit mental Razz Yeah im still in for the £20 wit you gaiz. How do we do it? does 1 person buy it and gift the games to the others? if so i shall give moneyz in person oar by paypal whatever is moar convenient ^_^
Back to top Go down
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey Jeeva,
I found out my new steam name and its sdoolan1989, so like gift me borderlands to that account and I'll give you £20 when I see you in lectures or some shizz.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:10 am

i called dibs for the invisable person Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:39 am

Turns out we have another week. Surprised If you're still interested, Garion, I'm assembling a second 4-pack (so far have 2/4 presold).

So anyway, I'll collect cash-monies or something on Wednesday (social), so you'd best be there, Eagle Wink.

This is way OTT, but I laughed a bit anyway. Even if the guy was acting like a massive, moderately hilarious douche.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/957206/borderlands/videos/borderlands_spc_realgamer.html

Also, just saw some of the way they handle char-selection, and I think it should work out. Not quite Castle-Crashers, but better, maybe. If I interpreted it right. You see a bit of it at 2:40 in the IGN video review.

Really annoyed I got the release date wrong, means I'm all hyped up for today, and now another week. Grrr!

Also, right now I'm looking at the Hunter, but I like them all darnit! And so am not adverse to playing them aaaaall!
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:28 am

lol you're right, that was so OTT it was actually rather funny Razz

It does look like a quality game though so really looking forward to it Smile

Don't worry Jeeva you will get your money... probably. Razz

next wednesday at the horn right?
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:08 am

hell yeah I'm still interested, I was just thinking logically. There was you (jeeva), eagle, me, ewok and droolan. That's 5, and it's a 4 player game. Doing the math, that's not gonna work. So yeah, I was gonna wait till three other people come along, go 'that looks sweet, I'm in' and then I'll jump in with my £20. So put me up for the second fourpack.

Also, it said on steam that the unlock date (aka release date) was on the 30th Oct. That's next Friday, so at least you got the day right.

And I thought they were gonna do the society on rotation? Sorta like one week big get together and play stuff, next week go out and get hammered?

...MAINSTREAM'D.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:49 pm

ah ok well, wherever we may be meeting I shall find it and shall pay you Jeeva ^^
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:36 am

Gah, need one more person! Anyone know anyone? =)
Social-wise, this wednesday it's a gaming social as opposed to a drinking social.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 am

Alrighty, I'll bring my money wednesday then for you. I shall be there.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 pm

erm, so this wednesday's social is not on now? what we doing about paying for Borderlands Jeeva? I could pay you via paypal if you have an account? or could meet up some point before friday, or I could pay you back next wednesday?
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Alright, fellas. I've made the order! (Hooray!) It's on Will's account though, so will gift it to y'all tomorrow when I get my laptop (as is PC is unworking atm, and I find you can't gift through the steam-web-login Sad)

My apologies! Will gift tomorrow!

And Garion, will you be in GameCity/Town tomorrow/Friday?
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:26 am

Jeeva wrote:
And Garion, will you be in GameCity/Town tomorrow/Friday?

That I will be, my good man. I have another insanely long gap between lectures on Thursday i.e. today, and I'll probably make my way down to Game City to check it out around 2 ish. I went again yesterday i.e. Wednesday, just to see if it had improved, and it had a bit. Not so many angry little kids that time round. I also met RedFive, whom I recognised. Nobody else though. I have £20 on me in case you want me to pay you for Borderlands then.

Eagle was talking to me yesterday though that he'd pay for my copy because I didn't have Paypal. So if so I'll pay him for it, because he's already paid you my money.

Lol this is confusing. We need a system instigated.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:18 am

lol I was gonna pay for you garion but got a message from Jeeva sayin not to pay by paypal so I didnt lol
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:05 am

3agle_land3r wrote:
lol I was gonna pay for you garion but got a message from Jeeva sayin not to pay by paypal so I didnt lol
Ah ok then. So I'll be there around 2 with my money.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:28 am

Ah, cool. Sorry about that, Eagle/Garion, didn't realise E paying on PP for G was an option (lol), would've worked. Smile

Anywho, y'all need to add Erebus Styx to get your game, or some such. Apols for all this running around. Garion, I'll give you a call in a bit.

Pps. It unlocks in 10 hours 30 minutes! FTW!
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:49 am

Add Styx on Steam? Ah, might be a problem there. I can't log in to Steam using the school network (as I am on my laptop in the library at the moment), so I shall have to wait till I get home before I add him, but I can definitely do it before tomorrow.

And lol, no need to apologise. I really need to get a Paypal account and save myself the trouble of running around for disc copies and asking people to pay for me and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:00 am

You can easily find Erebus Styx (Will) on steam though the gamer soc steam community. He is one of the admins. Once Jeeva tells him that the money has been collected he will gift them out :D

Not long to wait now \o/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Borderlands
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: PC and Mac-
Jump to: