NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm making a L4D level :D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

I'm making a L4D level :D Empty
PostSubject: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Title says it all. I've just started trying to learn the hammer tool and i'm going to make a Left 4 Dead campaign. At the moment I'm thinking about basing it at a theme park, simply because I work at one and it will keep my mind ocupied then and also becasue i've never been inside a factory so I don't think I could make one of them very well. Any ideas of what I could have in my level would be very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:18 pm

how about a 'haunted house' ride section?

nothing like a bit of irony for shits and giggles, but I'm trying to think where the final showdown would take place.

*edit* oh you should also be able to pick up a rifle and stuff from one of them 'shoot the target' air gun stands

*edit2* I also want to add that setting a zombie apocalypse in a theme park is both an awesome and original idea, there is an awesome title name waiting to be found for this campaign
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Blood Circus - "...And you thought carnies were dangerous when they were living."
Thearme Park - "The theme is death."
Death-a-coaster - "Buckle up!"
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 am

That sounds like a great idea. things that you could include:

. (if you have the know-how) like shoe box said, travelling through old rides. However being able to turn them on and mash the zombies coming at you.

. Being able to sit on the rides and shoot. For example alton towers has a monorail to get in to get to it's park. How about right at the end to escape you have to protect the monorail whilst zombies are climbing all over it and jumping from the trees. If you don't protect it well enough the monorail derails and DOOOM!

. A hall of mirrors ambush section. Whats more of a mind fuck then hundreds of zombies? MILLIONS of zombies reflected by mirrors!

thats all I can think of right now

edit* death-a-coster ROFL!
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:01 am

I'm not sure if i'll be able to do it but i'd love to make a crachendo which is on a merry-go-round. I just love the idea of the four survivors taking defensive positions behind wooden horses and spinning around in a circle fending off zombies.
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:33 am

Getting the hammer from one of them test-your-strength things would be cool!

Would you make the theme park run down and not working? Or more just abandoned-with-working-rides-that-look-delapidated-which-just-need-turning-on?

If the 2nd, could have the obligatory turning the power on which attracts the horde.

Or perhaps 2 of you have to go on a ferris wheel to see which direction you have to go, and when you get to the top it stops for a while and attracts ze horde... guys on top get hunter zerged whilst guys on ground have to defend themselves against normal horde... meh probly complex to make. Or like, the rides are working, you get on the ferris wheel, see tom's monorail which leads to the exit, then you get down and the power cuts out, lotsa noise attracts horde, then you gotta go turn power on and get to monorail. Bah waffling :p

You think a uni campus would work as a campaign stage? Or like, the seaside sorta thing so you can have a funfair and arcades and zombie donkeys! But yeah, sounds good - good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Oh dear Jay, looks like valve beat you to the punch

http://kotaku.com/5337177/left-4-dead-2s-latest-campaign-takes-you-to-the-fairgrounds

On the bright side great minds think alike? At least this proves your idea was a good one
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:52 am

watch every video on that kataku link. i would let gabe newell violate me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a L4D level :D   I'm making a L4D level :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm making a L4D level :D
Page 1 of 1