NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mega Lulz Rigz

Go down 
+9
3agle_land3r
Serif
Erebus-Styx
Pixellated
FenriRagnarok
Gelltor
acandymancan
Radical Ewok
Jeeva
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Eh, processor troubles? One of the new phenoms, I'd guess?
You do need to be very careful about what board you have and what processor you're buying, those AM2 sockets aren't as universally compatible as they seem.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Top marks on guessing processor type- unfortunately the sockets are fine, the guys who don't update the BIOS' to include my CPU in the the CPUID tables are damned TEASES! 940's (AM2) and the X3s (AM3) both working on the board, just not this damn chip.

=)

So yeah, running at 800Mhz. It runs Battleforge fine, somehow, and Defence Grid, and Vista... just not always at the best response. And DG was getting pretty slow just then. Haven't tried anything else for fear of breaking, but BF played A-OK. Srsly weird.

So, anyone got a half decent AM2+ board with guaranteed compatibility for sale at a low low price? Willing to trade beans and bread...

:Also runs Demigod/SoaSE fiiiiiine. Some minor pauses for loading assets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:04 am

unfortunately my AM2 is good, but not quad compatible Sad though I am looking to get a new one, maybe... if my bursary comes in Razz perhaps with some better RAM, and my stolen quad core :'(

I would look for the AM2 M2N SLI DELUXE its the quad compatible version of my MB and it has enough slots for just about anything you care to put in there Razz
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:28 pm

I think the board for my machine at home is the deluxe... it's definitely an ASUS AM2 M2N SLi though.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:35 pm

i got an ASUS too, i have no idea what type.
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:19 am

According to my purchase history, I bought the Asus M2N-E SLI Nvidia nForce 500 SLI MCP. Sorry, no deluxe for you.
Back to top Go down
Selachii
Gamer
Selachii

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:26 am

Copied straight out of Everest 5:

QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 3000 MHz (9 x 333) (Eventually will be 3.4ghz)
OCZ Reaper HPC 2x2GB DDR2-1066 (Running at 1:1 or 667 while I faff with the overclock)
Asus Rampage Formula Motherboard (SupremeFX II Sound Card)
BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (896 MB, 216 Core Edition)
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler
SAMSUNG HD103UJ (1 TB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
SAMSUNG HD753LJ (750GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Corsair TX 650W ATX2.2 SLI PSU
Antec 900
Vista Home Premium x86
SAMSUNG 22" 1680*1050
LG 19"W 1440*900
Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard
Razer Diamondback 3G Mouse
Razer Pirhana Headset
Back to top Go down
http://www.darylk.co.uk
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:59 am

tbh everone has an ASUS dulux board, including me. I havent updated the bios yet, wasn't thinking of getting phenom any soon tho since I have a pretty powerful dual core. Just looking forward to some more hard drive space and maybe a new gpu
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:23 pm

acandymancan wrote:
tbh everone has an ASUS dulux board, including me. I havent updated the bios yet, wasn't thinking of getting phenom any soon tho since I have a pretty powerful dual core. Just looking forward to some more hard drive space and maybe a new gpu

I have no idea wtf you just said, but it sounds pro... imbahax chat up line tbh!
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:49 am

rofl it does sound funny now that I look at it
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:02 am

my 8800 GTS just died so I have a GeForce GTS 250 1024Mb 2200MHz by Palit on its way, should be here today! Woo Razz
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:08 am

3agle_Land3r wrote:
GeForce GTS 250 1024Mb 2200MHz by Palit
Surely there are better choices out there? I mean you wouldn't buy extra-value brand cards... Palit actually make overclocker.co.uk's own brand cards.
Neutral
Let us know how it goes though, see if Palit can't redeem themselves.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:03 am

Yeah I chose it mainly due to the power consumption and the fact that It was quite cheap where I ordered it from, Overclockers not so hot on this one. I'll let you know what its like when it gets here, bloody Peverell post means I wont get it until monday Sad
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Just thought I'd post up and see how all the rigs are doing with the recent heatwave. =)
Updates on mine:
Bought a new motherboard, so had to get new RAM, so my PC was basically all new except for the graphics card and DVD drive. =)

And then my graphics card (almost literally) burst into flames! Was dramatic, epic, and other such things! Topped over 100 degrees during the heat wave, and died. =(

So I've bought a new one, just a lil' 4890XT, but my PC now runs ArmA2 like a freakin' dream!

Also, I'm running Win7, and it's honestly damned fine. =) I would recommend it. Currently on the 64bit version, and I've had one problem so far.

(Oh, actually, two, but one of those was my massive heatsync bending the pins on my CPU on the way back from Notts, and me spending a fretful morning bending them back with a screwdriver. And then getting TIM all over a row of pins, and rushing around chemists and hardware stores looking for decent solvent. Looked like a complete drug addict by the sound of it, as noone would sell me anything. But all is working, except for one bluescreen where my CPU refused to accept new clock speeds I set it. =\ =( )

Hope everyone is doing better than me in computer luck. =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:51 am

Had my GTS 250 1024Mb 2200MHz card for about 2 months now and can honestly say its pretty damn good, as a boost up from the 320Mb I had before it makes a huge difference on rendering and shaders, and i can actually put AA on crysis now, which looks SWEET. Still cant run DoWII on ultra, only get about 12fps Sad I think thats more to do with my cpu/RAM speeds though.
runs at about 45 degrees normally and up to about 65 in performance games, fans pretty quiet for the most part too.
So yeah, a good card, havent benchmarked it yet, might do that soon.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:24 pm

how are you guys checking your the temperature of your cards?
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:39 pm

my drivers came with a fan control program so i can change the speeds etc, it has a temperature gauge on there, most new cards have temp sensors somewhere Smile
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:55 am

ATI cards use CCC, which can now control fan speeds, as well as monitor temperature.
At the moment my 4850 is idling at 36 degrees, fan speed only 50%, whoo.
As for other temperatures, I use speed fan, since it can slow everything down for quiet running when winter comes around, and everything can stay cold enough without the fans.

As for updates, that's a brand new 4850 in there, since my old one died. As far as I could tell, one of the memory clips had burned out; whenever I taxed the card even remotely, it'd die and crash. I figure I'll wait and see how DX11 works out, then maybe next year sometime I'll make the jump to windows 7 and give it a new card.
Back to top Go down
ExcessiveEvil
Hardcore Gamer
ExcessiveEvil

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:37 pm

http://www.xfire.com/profile/masterofarrows/

My baby should be on the bottom of the page
Back to top Go down
http://www.ukdakka.com
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 am

Rig update, since mine broke, had to buy new parts.

Gigabyte GA-H55 DDR3 Mobo
Intel Core i3 530 2.93Ghz Overclocked @ 4Ghz
4 Gb 1600Mhz Corsair DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GeForce 250 GTS 1Gb - Pallit
Alchemy Elixir macro gaming keyboard
Logitech G9 3200DPI
2.1 Logitech speakers
about 800Gb on 2xHDD's
19" TFT Monitor - pretty good picture, use for my Xbox too ^_^
700 Watt Power
Back to top Go down
matzR
Noob
matzR

PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 am

Motherboard: GigaByte EP43-DS3
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz @ 4.2Ghz
XFX ATI HD4890 XT XXX LE 1GB GDDR5
4gb 1066mhz DDR2 OCZ platinum
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Microsoft Sidewinder X5
Medusa Station 5.1 Gaming Headset
80GB Velociraptor and a 640GB WD 64mb Cache
22" LG Flatron and 17" Samsung TFT
650w OCZ Stealth XStream PSU too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content