NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mega Lulz Rigz

Go down 
+9
3agle_land3r
Serif
Erebus-Styx
Pixellated
FenriRagnarok
Gelltor
acandymancan
Radical Ewok
Jeeva
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeeva
Treasurer

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 pm

I'm a bit of a tech geek, I like a bit of hardware, so... what've you all got?

My PC (Saturn) has:
AMD 5000X2
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wifi
4GB OCZ Platinum (DDR2 6400)
BFG 8800GTX

Approx. 1.2TB spread over 3 harddrives
Creative X-Fi with break-out box (bit pointless on Vista, but... bah. Had it from XP)
All wrapped up in this.
As a cherry, I have a lovely G7 mouse and G15 keyboard, both logitech.

Best part, I'm on a delightful 21" CRT monitor.
lol!
Totally saving for a better monitor this summer, as well as an upgrade to the cooling. Sounds like a Cessna.

My laptop is an old Dell Inspiron 1720, which ran COD4 at approx. 4fps IIRC. =( And is now broked, and with Dell for fixin'.

Last edited by Jeeva on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Laptop:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz
GeForce 8400m GS
2gig of RAM (i think)
15" monitor.

Not really that impressive, but I got the computer for free from the goverment and i'm supprised that they gave me a laptop that can run CoD4 (all be it for only 30-45mins before it overheats)

Desktop:

Intel Processor
GeForce 5200 (used to be 6800GT but that died on me)
1gig of RAM
x2 17" monitors

Again not very impressive, but i'm saving up over the summer and im going to get

NEW RIG:

GeForce 8800GTX
2-4gig or RAM (depending on price etc...)
22" Samsung monitor
Maxor 750GB 32MB Cathe HD
and http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118268

I'm going to get it at the end of the summer when i've saved up enough money/ paid off people i owe money to. So obv none of those stats are set in stone, but thats what i'm aiming for.

Last edited by Radical Ewok on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:07 am

Hehe, the 5200 is ooooldschool, but the new version sounds luvverly.

Not saying I convinced you, because I didn't, but I've convinced so many people to build new PC's this year. Muaha. Muahaha.

Have you done a full spec yet or just working with basics until closer to the time?
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:43 am

just doing the basics really. Im pretty sure im going to go with a GeForce/Intel set up. and im defo going to get that case. I might have a look at the 9800 cards though as i hear that alot of people have problems with the 8800 card on WoW.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 am

I heard there was some problems, but I thought they'd been sorted. May be wrong, havn't played WoW in a godawful long time.

Depending on how much money you have the 9800's are really worth a look in. They're not all that much more expensive at all, to my recollection.

Intel is really, really worth going for on the other hand, if you have even the slightest intention of overclocking your machine. =) Which I'd recommend. I'm only on an AMD because I was following an upgrade path, though I'm obviously hoping for a resurgence in their bang-for-buck.
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:56 am

Jeeva wrote:

All wrapped up in this.

ah man, SNAP! I got the same case. I remeber my friend clicking the thing on the top and he managed to break it, glad they had a replacement for air intake.

Mine goes like this

CPU = AMD 6400 x2
MOBO = Asus M2N SLI-deluxe
GPX = Nvidia 7900 GS (gonna get above the 8k soon lol)
RAM = 4gb corsair (ddr2 6400 i think)
HDD = 550gb over 2 hard drives
Sound = Creative SB Audigy 2

And for the finale of the peice. The most important aspect of any computer, that is the monitor:

for me, a cashmachine size 15 inch dell flat screen. YEAH! lol. I have to say, trying to do multimedia on this computer is missions ha, the boxes are so small. I aim to get a nice one next year and keep this one so I can dual it up. I don't know much about dual monitors, does anyone know if this 15inch i have now and lets say a fat as 21inch will be compatible with each other? Won't be hard to set resolutions or what not? any tips and help appreciated.

Last edited by acandymancan on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Dueling monitors is pro. As long as your GFX (GPX?) card has 2 ports for monitors to plug into then you're set. It's pretty much just plug in and play. Although you may need to go into the prefrence options through desk top to tell the screens which side of each other they're on.

I had a 17" hooked up with my laptop. It was lol, although i had to reconfigure the settings everytime i rebooted my computer.
Back to top Go down
Gelltor
Noob

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:01 am

My Best hardware atm is only my laptop I'm afraid but I think it's a beast of a buy considering the price I got it for!!!

CPU: C2D T7300 (2 x 2Ghz)
Ram: 2 Gig
Graphics: Radeon X2500 ( it's actually just a re branded x1700 by the looks of it but I've been able to run MOH:Airbonre, UT3 and sup comm fine with the settings not too low!)
160 GB Hard drive
15.4 widescreen which is fine for my needs.

Got this back in August any guesses to what price i got this for?

I'm one of the people that Jeeva has persuaded to build a new desktop I'm looking into bringing up one of my old home PCs that's running an old school AMD duron with a whopping 256MB of Ram and an Ati Rage Pro Card (AGP! lol). I think the only thing I things I could salvage are the hard drives and the case that's about it! lol

I'm deffo looking into and AMD/ATi combo I'm not fussy about buying the intel just because it's the fastest most people won't even notice the difference in the first place!
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:33 am

I just thought you guys should know i ordered my new rig Smile Have some tissues at hand.

MSI 9800GX2 Dual GPU 1GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.16GHz)
4Gig of RAM
Maxtor 500GB Hard Drive (32MB cache) x2 (1T in total)
All inside Antec Nine Hundred 900 - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan www.ebuyer.com/product/118268

told you you needed tissues Smile
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:41 pm

I got my new rig all up and running. everything above is as it is apart from one slight amendment.

I GOTZ A MOTHER FUCKING GeForce 280 GTX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:14 am

You... utter bar-steward. =D

Nice one!
Back to top Go down
FenriRagnarok
Hardcore Gamer
FenriRagnarok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:15 am

PC
Intel Quad Core Q6600 (2.4) oc to 3.2 atm (aiming for at least 3.8 ) 1466fsb
8gb ddr2 ram 800mhz oc to 1366 3-3-3-8 latency
Abit Ix38 Quad Gt x38 (775 socket) mother board
Artic freezer 7 cpu fan
Samsung spinpoint F1 1tb hdd
BFG nvidia Geforce Gtx280 oc edition 1024mb ddr3, (oc by 20% atm)
Corsair TX 750W ATX2.2 SLI Psu
Antec 1200 tower case
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty Champion Series - sound card
Vista ultimate 64 os

Peripherals
LG Flatron 24" 1900*1200
saitek cyborg Keybord
Saitek Gm3200 mouse
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 souround sound
Creative HS-1000 Fatal1ty Headset
Back to top Go down
http://dragongraphics.deviantart.com/
Jeeva
Treasurer

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Hehe, I think you must be the guy I remember talking to at t'fair.

Built my Dad a PC today, depressing, he has a far better paying job than I ever have-

Processor with no intention of overclocking at 3.16Ghz
8GB Reaper Ocz ram
2TB of HD
...etc. Not a great graphics card though, as it's all whisper quiet.

Anywho, best part is, because of the silly towering-ness of the reaper (pic below), his mahoosive cpu cooler wouldn't fit, and I get to have it. =D Whoop! First time I've upgraded from watercooling. Don't embarress me by asking how bad my little out-of-a-box cooling solution is for me to be upgrading to air. Wink

Reaper
Big Ass Air Cooling

-----------------------

Also, as a random update to my earlier/above post, I bought a beautiful baby screen this summer, with 20% off it (due to long time love at that site), which is just awesome.

Hazro HZ24Wi

Further Edit: And a further TB of HD. Couldn't fit the bloody thing, because I've no bloody PSU connections available. WTF, man. Buying one of those sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
FenriRagnarok
Hardcore Gamer
FenriRagnarok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:52 pm

prob i did go all out to make this bad boy, all i need now is a name for it,
Back to top Go down
http://dragongraphics.deviantart.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Mine is called "Hank MKII" this is because the default desktop on "Hank MKI" was a dog that I thought looked like it would be called hank.
Back to top Go down
Pixellated
Hardcore Gamer
Pixellated

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 7:04 am

Radical Ewok wrote:
Mine is called "Hank MKII" this is because the default desktop on "Hank MKI" was a dog that I thought looked like it would be called hank.

I'm running out of Marathon names to give to my equipment. My main PC's name is Marathon, with the three HDDs as Durandal, Tycho and Leela, my Wii's name is Boomer, and my brother's PC is named Blake, along with a few peripherals named after various characters & enemies.
Back to top Go down
http://7-0-7.co.uk
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:02 am

Old school Bungie, he's bringing it back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Jeeva
Treasurer

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 am

Bump!

OT: My PC is called Saturn, my laptop Titan, my phone Phobos, and I recently named my 360 Rhea.

Guess the theme!

...the reason I started this was that from an early age, every PC on our home lan has been named after planets, until my bastard brother decided to name his PC Milky Way.

Clearly not a bloody planet. Honestly, I ask ya.

//'cept my first PC, which was DAN, on Windows 3.1 or whatever. =)
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 am

haha thats brilliant
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:12 am

Another update for y'all :)

Intel Core Duo 3.16gz
4 gig of RAM
EVGA 280 GTX
1TB over 2 harddrives.
800W Modual power supply (had to get for my GFX card because that needs both a 6 and 8 pin to run)
Wrapped in this.
My brother gave me his old 5.1 Logitech surround sound setup so i got that too.

UPDATE: I just got a Samsung 24" monitor :))))))

My plan is to play though every HL2 game buy Crysis and Left 4 Dead so I can really check out what my monitor can do :)
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:06 am

Very nice. Alright, here we go:
Here in Bristol, my setup is:
AMD AM2 6000+, 3.0GHz.
x2 8600GTSs in SLi, overclocked by 5% or so.
2GB Corsair 800mhz RAM
530W Hiper PSU, modular, much fun to work with, except those 8600s draw two 6pin lines -each-. Power is an issue.
x2 120GB HDDs.
Razer diamondback, 'cause it's shiny.
Hiper Special edition compact keyboard.
Crappy 17" CRT monitor.

Up in Nottingham, I gots:
Intel E7200, overclocked to 3.1GHz. (Could push it to 4.3, but I'd rather not wear it out too much.)
ATI 4850, core overclocked by 40%, memory by 25%.
2GB OCZ RAM 800mhz, overclocked to 999mhz.
480W XtremePower PSU, came with the case.
250GB HDD
Razer Krait
Hiper Clavier keyboard, very nice.
Shiny 19" widescreen LCD. 1440x900 is for pros.

Oh, and I run XP on both, because Linux is horrible unless you've already used it for years, and Vista is horrible in so many ways it makes me want to hurt people.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:43 am

Quote :
and Vista is horrible in so many ways it makes me want to hurt people.

Quoted for truth :(
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:59 pm

am bored so figured would post my spec here (what i remember of it at least)

socket AM2 M2N-E SLI Motherboard
AMD dual-core 6000+ 3.02GHz
4 Gb 667Mhz RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 320Mb
Alchemy Elixir macro gaming keyboard
crappy wireless logitech mouse
awesome 2.1 Logitech speakers
about 800Gb on 2xHDD's
19" TFT Monitor - pretty good picture, use for my Xbox too ^_^
700 Watt Power
no overclocking, i daren't after previous bad overclocking experiences...

bit old system now, wanna upgrade but short on money, especially since my dad GAVE(as in, for free :'( ) my black edition AMD quad-core to my next door neighbour. (planning to break in over summer and replace it with a really really old Duron processor Razz)
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:33 am

3agle_Land3r wrote:
(planning to break in over summer and replace it with a really really old Duron processor Razz)

Im sure he would never notice.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:45 am

=O

Tha's crazy! (the giving)

--------
Random update on my rig, I got my lovely PSU a while ago, and my PC was soooo quiet, and then this week I added a new processor. =D

...which isn't officially supported by my bios, and is currently running at 800Mhz, apparently. =(

Oh, and I have to reset my bios if I want to boot. I think I need to upgrade my motherboard too. Sad

But it runs games fine (case study of one, for 10 mins or so, as I'm courseworking), so I think it's just mis-reporting. And it's not just cool 'n' quiet, outsmarting me. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mega Lulz Rigz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mega Lulz Rigz   Mega Lulz Rigz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mega Lulz Rigz
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next