NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A

Go down 
+5
Pixellated
Erebus-Styx
Jeeva
Jarvis
Radical Ewok
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Hello there everyone. If you have any questions about this society/forums/anything then post it here and we'll get back to you super mega fast!

Love your President Radical Ewok
Back to top Go down
Jarvis
Gamer
Jarvis

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi,

This is gonna come across really rude straight away. I'm real pleased to see theres a gamer society up, and definately want to be involved. I found about about this society about 2 months ago, but couldn't stand the forum. Is it just me or is there just too many sub directories for a new community, and the colours real clash and make it very hard to navigate the website.

Agian I know this is rude of me, but I figured I'd just get my thoughts out there, because I imagine I wasn't the only one that got frustrated with the confusing element of the forum and gave up on it. You guys seem cool and I think the easier it is for people to get involved with the better this society can become.

Anyway I included a picture in the RL forum under some topic ha, so If you disagree so strongly you can come and Poon me in RL tomorrow at the Freshers Fair!

(P.S. So upset to find no current interest in DOTA or WC3, although your interest in pure pwnage redeems you all What a Face )
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Heh, we actually had a bit of interest in WC3 at the Clifton Freshers Fair, so... come along and sign up, we might get enough guys for a proper sized tourny. Or else y'all'll get to know each others play strategies intimately. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:05 pm

I personally dont have a problem with the colours of this forum. I can sort of understand what you mean about the forum confusion. We do have dedicated threads for your Xbox gamer tag, N-number, etc... and some people have chosen not to post in those and make new introduction threads which does make it all more cluttered and confusing.

I have to disagree with what you say about too many topics for a new community. The topics are quite organised and to be frank having so many topics give veroity. I can understand it looking a bit daunting from fresh eyes to these forums but you have to understand that this forum was set up over the summer holidays and untill a few weeks ago we had under 10 registured members on it and only about 4-5 active posters.

If enough people comment about how hard it is to navagate / read the forum then obviously we're going to do something about it. But untill then sadly for you things will stay as they are as we haven't had anyone else comment on this forums issues.

All this being said I hope you can strain your eyes long enough each day to be an active poster and member of this society. It's pro people like you that will help move our online events into RL tournies and gaming nights out Smile
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:10 am

Hey Jarvis, welcome to the forums. I think the reason it can seem a bit daunting is because we wanted something for everyone, there is a social section, gamer section and IRL section as you can probably tell. We had a lot of requests for the gamer section and we really want something for everyone especially with enough demand even if it means adding a dedicated gizmondo board. Anyway like Jay says I hope you enjoy the society regardless. Also check out the website www.gamersoc.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:52 pm

I've fixed the whole new post thing, now you get a picture of a space invader with new posts, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Pixellated
Hardcore Gamer
Pixellated

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 am

Awesome, cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://7-0-7.co.uk
Jarvis
Gamer
Jarvis

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:44 pm

heh, thanks for not shooting a boy down Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:51 pm

No worries, sorry i didn't fix it sooner tbh
Back to top Go down
3vangelist
Casual Gamer
3vangelist

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:23 am

Any news on being an official society as of yet?
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:28 am

Council meeting is at the end of the month, It'll happen by November Smile
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Um....yes I have a question

When are we going to start getting drunk playing games again?

kthxbye!
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:53 pm

we're working on it, there are still many delicate calculations to be made and experiments to run.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Don't think we've forgotten or don't love you all anymore. Stay tuned for dirtyman challenge news!
Back to top Go down
lillsquirt2
Hardcore Gamer
lillsquirt2

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:02 am

How do I find out if I'm in red or blue team?
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:33 am

lillsquirt2 wrote:
How do I find out if I'm in red or blue team?

http://www.gamersoc.co.uk/community/

You have to be signed on with the union to access gamersoc.co.uk and then youre an 'official' member. People are allowed access to the forums so they can see what we're about, but events and stuff will be on the events tab of gamersoc.co.uk.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:14 am

i wouldn't worry yourself about which team you're on. you can switch at anytime and it's only for a little fun when we're on socials Smile
Back to top Go down
lillsquirt2
Hardcore Gamer
lillsquirt2

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:29 am

Okay, and yeah I've sent off for a request to join, just waiting for a reply saying when I can pick it up from the union opposite the point...
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 am

yo fellas, you updated the site engine lately? because I noticed allot of people had reset avatars, plus im no longer able to link to my 'my gamercard' avatar.

although Kudos on the updated selection of pics
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 7:17 am

Nothing to do with us it phpBB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A   Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offical NTU Gamer Soc Q&A
Page 1 of 1