NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dungeons and dragons

Go down 
+11
Amaya
s_doolan
Radical Ewok
cal2jack
Inx
FenriRagnarok
Serif
Pandainfantry
Jeeva
Shyna_Nera
Erebus-Styx
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:10 am

Eh can we get an update here? It'd be awesome if we could get this sorted to begin after christmas break guys.
Back to top Go down
FenriRagnarok
Hardcore Gamer
FenriRagnarok

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:53 pm

i was waiting for further responsis from people b4 making any plans
Back to top Go down
http://dragongraphics.deviantart.com/
cal2jack
Casual Gamer
cal2jack

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:32 am

i know im new here but id be interested. DnD is always a laugh, so long as theres a good dm.
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Surely we have enough people to run a session? If anyone else decides they want in they can be squeezed into the campaign easily enough no doubt.
I guess I'm just itching to play again, it's been a while and I really want to impliment my idea of a careless, arrogant sorceror who enjoys stealing things, killing people and burning houses down "in the name of a just cause", hence evil character in a good campaign. Basically, I want to play as a magical Dick Cheney. Alignment twists are fun.

Oh yeah, I have edgey humour.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:32 am

I almost always turn out to be an exceedingly nice rogue who'll steal everything that's not nailed down if not noticed. =) Eh.

Anyway, check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf3GKUzaG7s

Go to about 5 minutes in. =) I should also post this on the WoW thread, but you'll all see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGlYvDULMNQ
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 am

After PAX I would love to start up a campaign next year, anyone who thinks they wouldn't enjoy D&D do me a favour and listen to the Penny Arcade / PVP dungeons and Dragons Podcasts. You can find them here...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4arch/pod
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:01 am

Btw D&D online just went free in case anyone's interested.
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:51 am

S_Doolan wrote:
Btw D&D online just went free in case anyone's interested.
The online game really doesn't compare well to the actual thing.
There's a certain charm of spontaneity and humour you simply can't get anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:03 pm

...and you cant see other peoples badass wizard cloaks and shit people have!
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:06 am

*I put on my hat and robe*

this shit is definitely going down, count me in
Back to top Go down
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:20 pm

I've been interested in what a "real" game of D&D was like since I picked up a copy of neverwinter a couple of months ago. I remember at the last social Styx saying that some guys were setting up one during the new term, is it possible for me to join? I'll have to year the rules but I should be able to pick them up quickly
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm

We did jeevas campaign last term and i'm DMing for the next one but we already have 6 players which is over the recommended amount already Sad we could always run a second campaign parallel to this one like a newbies campaign that could be quite good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:09 pm

I think there's enough for a second group, all we need is someone to head the second group up and DM it. If location is a problem then the society could book a lecture theatre for you guys.

to be fair the group we have now kind of happened by accident :S, but lets get this set up, post if you want in on 2nd company

-Wanted-

Dungeon Master:
Adventurer 1:
Adventurer 2:
Adventurer 3:
Adventurer 4:
Adventurer 5:
Back to top Go down
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:58 pm

curses, i won't go and get a rulebook yet then. I intend to get back into the MMORPG side of things though for Cata when it comes out so that'll keep me occupied. Maybe next time eh?

However if other people want to form another group I'll be happy to join
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:52 pm

tbh id quite happily join a second group as d&d is where all the cool kids are at, for seriouz.

I wouldnt buy the handbook and stuff, as I acquired them from the interwebz... as have several others. I have the up to date non demo version of the character creator which is handy to have too.

But yeah, PM me with an email address and Ill send what I can to you or something.
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:40 pm

I'd be up for playing a charcter in the second game if there are free slots, I can use Erebus Eckehart again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy-G
Gamer
Andy-G

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:04 am

I'd be more than up for it if it is indeed for newbies as you mentioned, never played before but really want to.
I play a lot of NWN and KotoR so I've got a basic grasp of at least some of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 pm

You may or may not have seen my Star Wars related thingy. However, I'm thinking of starting up a bit of a good guy campaing for that. It will be definitely nooby orientated, and, possibly set in the time between Episode III and IV. Classed as 'The Dark Times'. Lots of Stormtroopers and what not to kill. Just gimme a PM, I need some interest before I start bringing books and helping make characters Shocked

*sounds like a total jerk*
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Lazuka wrote:

*sounds like a total jerk*

Not at all. Personally I'm not fond of Star Wars so to roleplay it would be meh.

Thats right, I'm not fond of Star Wars *runs and hides*
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Amaya wrote:

Not at all. Personally I'm not fond of Star Wars so to roleplay it would be meh.

Thats right, I'm not fond of Star Wars *runs and hides*

*hisses loudly*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and dragons   Dungeons and dragons - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and dragons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: CCG and Table-Top-
Jump to: