NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warhammer & 40k

Go down 
+6
Shoe box ant
Serif
Shyna_Nera
Jeeva
Erebus-Styx
lindsay40k
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lindsay40k
Gamer

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:29 am

I gots Tyranids, Tomb Kings, Night Goblins and Empire. Usually go up Friar Lane GW on Tuesday evenings.
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:12 pm

I used to game but it's so expensive now. I had empire and slaanesh chaos and for 40k I had death skull orks, imperial guard and black templars. I prefer WHF role-play, only played a few times as a GM but it was good fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Jeeva
Treasurer

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Ahh, I used to have some Skaven, Tau, Space Marines and Eldar, but when I wanted to get into inquisitor, the GW staff in Cambridge refused to let me because I was too young. =(
Bah! (Inquisitor reference was random, but... eh, I wanted to play. And it was hard to find a game with people who hadn't heard of it vs. the lads down at the local GW)
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:51 pm

yeah inquisitor looked good, wasn't it crazy complicated tho? I heard you had to keep count of how many bullet you had left in your gun magazine and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Shyna_Nera
Gamer
Shyna_Nera

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Erebus-Styx wrote:
yeah inquisitor looked good, wasn't it crazy complicated tho? I heard you had to keep count of how many bullet you had left in your gun magazine and stuff like that.

It was more of a tactical RPG than a war game like 40k. Since you only had a few characters, the depth of them and the mechanics got a lot deeper.
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:11 am

Hey just paint stripped all my old stuff and started again, I'm fielding Black Templars and Imperial Guard. I'm living in Lenton next year so Warhammer world is just 10 minites down the road, I think you can book up to 6 tables for free so we could do some awesome tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:59 am

Used to have 2k or so points of 'nids and about 1k of tau. Two hammerhead tanks; used to play against my friend's orcs, slaughtered them every time.
Still lying around here somewhere, doubt I'll get back into it though. Maybe if I have enough spare time I might dig it all up and see.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Ive got an unpainted Tau army I could field, If you actually go ahead with this I'd make an effort to paint them ...I just didn't realise there was so many, I finished one and was exhausted, I couldn't bare the thought of painting the other 23
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:33 am

Shoe box ant wrote:
Ive got an unpainted Tau army I could field, If you actually go ahead with this I'd make an effort to paint them ...I just didn't realise there was so many, I finished one and was exhausted, I couldn't bare the thought of painting the other 23
Now imagine instead of 23, you have 63 more to paint.
That is the reason I have a large portion of unpainted tyranids.
Problem is, they're great to field, since there's just so many of them at low cost.
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:05 pm

I could use my Wood Elves from the fantasy Warhammer thingy... 36" range with ma long bows bitches!
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:03 pm

We could make rules for this, lulz could ensue....or mass confusion
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm fairly certain your elves would have to succeed some pretty taxing morale checks should I choose to field all four railguns in my possession.
Bahahahaha. Very Happy
Crossovers go! TIME TRAVEL
WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Some people say the warhammer fantasy universe is a planet inside the eye of terror in the 40k universe so it might be possible. You could also argue that the wood elves are a feral descendant of the Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Ahhh, broadsides FTW.

Lots of Tau love here, then, guys? =) I too have much unpainted Tau (undercoated it, then... I dunno what happened. I was always a terrible painter though, so only a plus).
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:22 am

ah warhammer 40k.... good times....

I still have all mine though i have been meaning to sell it for a while, I have a TON of Space Marines (over 3000 points worth, including Land Raider and Terminators)
I also have a smaller army of Brettonians from the old warhammer which are either unbuilt or unpainted except from one steadily painted pikeman... Its proby about half the size of my Space Marine army, I cant play regular warhammer tho, never learnt it.

So, I'm not sure, either I keep one of the armies and play with you gaiz if you do somethin in the soc, or I sell em both, either way there will be some up for sale, if you want em, let me know I'll try get pics n a list of units, (BTW I'll sell em to you guys cheap Wink )

please note my Space marines are painted fairly poorly, I never had the patience, plus I had about 100 Space Marine troops to paint and it really wasnt the part of 40k I enjoyed Razz
Ill also be selling the rule books and codecs, though the rule book may be out-dated now I am unsure.
Back to top Go down
lillsquirt2
Hardcore Gamer
lillsquirt2

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Serif wrote:
I'm fairly certain your elves would have to succeed some pretty taxing morale checks should I choose to field all four railguns in my possession.
Bahahahaha. Very Happy
Crossovers go! TIME TRAVEL
WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.

I have tau as well, but I would pwn even more.

I have 3 twin-linked railguns (aka 6) and 5 hammerheads with rails guns!

Now that is pwning, also got 5 pirahnas with fusion blasters for tau battlesuit and tanks rape.

I also collect tyranids of doom! I named my hivefleet Spam. I use lots of without number men and same numerous units.

What if pokemon got involved in a 40k fight/warhammer fantasy fight? I think this would happen:

Pika Pwns
Back to top Go down
lillsquirt2
Hardcore Gamer
lillsquirt2

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 pm

Serif wrote:
Shoe box ant wrote:
Now imagine instead of 23, you have 63 more to paint.
That is the reason I have a large portion of unpainted tyranids.
Problem is, they're great to field, since there's just so many of them at low cost.

All I can say is lazy. I have painted (and now updating my paint scheme with more layers for my ENTIRE army of 123+[i][u] tyranid army. My Tau army is all painted but to a really bad scheme, mind you I was 12 when I did it originally...

My nids are taking me ages to paint... (like 10 mins per model... only done my Hive tyrant, biovore, lictor, 3 zonethropes 2 guants and 1 warrior...)
Back to top Go down
lillsquirt2
Hardcore Gamer
lillsquirt2

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Hang on, using that analysis I just did, it's going to take me 20 hours solid to finish...

Urrrhhhh not good... (at least I have all the paint I need)
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:29 pm

lillsquirt2 wrote:
My nids are taking me ages to paint... (like 10 mins per model... only done my Hive tyrant, biovore, lictor, 3 zonethropes 2 guants and 1 warrior...)

I can get one and half space marines done per day... I think I over did it.
Back to top Go down
lillsquirt2
Hardcore Gamer
lillsquirt2

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:46 am

Try painting all the bolt guns or boldy part ect that use the same colour on everything, or alot of units in one go. That way, when you start finishing a sqaud, you end up completing an entire unit in what seems a shorter time Smile
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:40 am

Erebus-Styx wrote:
I can get one and half space marines done per day... I think I over did it.

On the other hand, they are looking so super cool I'm scared to bring mine up and start painting- normally I've got enough of a caffeine thing going on to not be able to hold a brush steady. Bah. Sad
Back to top Go down
lillsquirt2
Hardcore Gamer
lillsquirt2

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:26 am

Same sort of thing with me, but no caffine, just can't hold a brush very steady.

As a result a few games-workshop painting lessons showed me a good paint scheme that ignors the fact you can't paint detail, to make an impresssive look...

Any who, anyone up for a game this Tuesday between 4-10pm (includes start and finish), anywhere up to 2k pts (any more and we may have to use the entire time to play a game...someone say apocalypse?)
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:21 am

ah shit dawg, my army is back home, but Ive got to go back soon so ill bring it up. but it wont be before tuesday Sad
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:45 am

Btw, is there any where I can check out the rules, short of buying the book thingy that has rules in them?

Oh and, I see people with Tau and Tyranids - which race are a good counter to one or either? :p I was reading a few descriptions of armies and the Dark Eldar seemed pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
lillsquirt2
Hardcore Gamer
lillsquirt2

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:56 am

Basically, the other race, aka nids hate tau and vica versa.

Tau are shooters, and bad combaters,

Nids are combaters and bad shooters.

And adding to my last comment the proposed arena of death is to be games-workshop nottingham
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warhammer & 40k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer & 40k   Warhammer & 40k Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer & 40k
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next