NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warhammer Online

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeeva
Treasurer

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:52 am

Anyone else considering/playing this game?

Some pretty bloody awful debacles by the local publisher (GOA), but it's a damned fun little game- quoted from a review somewhere (somewhat) "like WoW but better".

Okay, so maybe not exactly what they said, but that seems the general impression. And y'all know that Warhammer rocks Wink.

So, if anyone is playing, what server are you going on when it goes live?
And if anyone isn't playing, why arn't you playing? There's been free beta keys everywhere in the last week!
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:43 am

good ol' warhammer, as much as i have a soft spot for the IP (e.g. i'm tempted by the gears of war clone "space marine" coming out soon), but MMORPGs are not my thing. I lost so much time over diablo 2, also Isn't a monthly fee like WOW. I'm also guessing it isn't going to be available for Mac.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:21 pm

I don't think that WAR is going to top WoW tbh. I was really looking forward to it but then i found out that it's being released by EA. I've already spammed about this on my server forums:

warhammer is EA owned. meaning it will be good but buggy, and when everyone has a max level character and finds out just how buggy it is they will release an expantion which promises to fix all the bugs and give more content. it will do that but also will come with new bugs that will drive you crazy.

if you don't follow what im saying then here are a few case examples:

everysingle battlefield game
everysingle command and conqure game
(not buggy but WTF price for EU) rock band
EVER HEAR OF THE SIMS!?
eveysingle sim city

the only reason why EA took over mythic was because they realised how profitable expantions can be for MMOs.

I realise im sounding like a fanatic WoW supporter, but in all seriousness i really hope that WAR is better than WoW because why wouldn't you want to play a better and more fun game? I just don't think it will happen :<
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Actually, and this sounds like a cop out, currently the villains are GOA (the french company masquerading as competant publishers), who've completely screwed up everything so far.

The EA release in America is competant and bug-free in comparison. Wink
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:19 am

well it came out in europe today for the "step ahead" people or what ever they're called. I have an IRL friend who is one of these people so i'll have to ask him how it is. WotLK comes out in 2 months though, even with all the changes to it, it still looks like its going to be alot of fun (from a prot. warrior perspective).
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Heh, I feel like a non-IRL chap. I'm in your imagination!

...though to be fair, I've never been anything but the internet...

Am I really real? Suspect @

...slow night, here.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:09 am

you're like that demon in the episode of buffy where the scroll to release him is "read" by a computer scanner, therefore he becomes a MOTHER FUCKING CYBORG DEMON! who eventually trys to get it on with willow over MSN.... I WILL NOT BE YOUR WILLOW! ....not again.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:45 am

After last time, I'm not sure I want to be your cyberdemon... =\ =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warhammer Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online   Warhammer Online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Online
Page 1 of 1