NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you think of the new Xbox?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

What do you think of the new Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Xbox?   What do you think of the new Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:24 am

Welcome to the forum mtptl Smile

and yeah it is certainly an interesting development, I can't say i'm that amazed by it though, I have an xbox, it works, the new one isn't much different (besides it's looks, but i'm not one to care for that)

The old versions are going down in price a significant amount which I found interesting, as now an xbox 360 arcade is £149.99 which is actually in some cases cheaper than a Wii
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Xbox?   What do you think of the new Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:31 pm

I wasnt particularly impressed by it, but then I dont care what my console looks like really, as long as it works!

Dont think Ive ever seen fanboyism on the forums btw... unless valve are involved - JAY Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Xbox?   What do you think of the new Xbox? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:32 am

[xbox start typing] it's a little bit smaller and slimmer which is good i suppose. at least it comes with a 250gb harddrive. what i'm really impressed with is kinect/natal. using it for games is kind of meh but the way you can view media with it is amazing. it's the kind of thing you see in films when they are trying to be set in the future and it's here now. i just think it's so fucking amazing. [xbox stop typing]
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Xbox?   What do you think of the new Xbox? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 am

kinect is goood, but I think the proof is going to be in the testing. If they can make my TV look like the Minority Report im fucking sold.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Xbox?   What do you think of the new Xbox? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:25 am

3agle_land3r wrote:
If they can make my TV look like the Minority Report im fucking sold.
QFT.

But yeah. I quite like it, though I've only seen it without another full-size Xbox, so I'm unsure about the scale. I saw a pic, but thought it was a mock up, as it looked mega smaller.

In fact, some dude rightly points out "check the size of the DVD drive. Shows scale nicely":
What do you think of the new Xbox? Slim-unboxing45-hands

It is nice and small, IMO. Less than 1.5 DVD cases tall, looks like. Sort of dowant, here, but that's partially because my Xbox is on the way out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Xbox?   What do you think of the new Xbox? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:53 am

good pic, yeah I think it's about 15% smaller than the 'old' one, least that's what it looked like, I saw a pic of the 2 together somewhere.

kinect itself is fairly small too, a slight bit bigger than a controller, which is nice, this shiney black hardware will look very nice next to a flashy new HDTV, which might be some of the reasoning behind it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the new Xbox?   What do you think of the new Xbox? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the new Xbox?
Page 1 of 1