NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beyond Good and Evil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Beyond Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Beyond Good and Evil   Beyond Good and Evil Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:55 am

I bought this game a few days ago and i've been playing through it. So far i love it, it's alot like Jak and Daxter, but a bit more grittyer. The story and gameplay so far has been really, really good and I fully recommend you get it from Steam if you haven't already considering it's only £5.

As I said i've only played a little of this game, but I still have a few small complaints. The first being no native gamepad controller options ingame. This is easily fixed by using a program such as Xpadder or Pinical Gamer, but it would still be good to have. There are also a few glitches in textures when you start playing. But they're easily fixed by going into the games folder and manually setting resolution, anti-intalizing, etc... Also the combat is a little dry with it really only consisting of the same staff attack and shooting through your camera. That being said the combat does work, especially on the bosses.

Having just come out of playing WoW I see this as a great thing to move on to. You're still inproving your character with camera, veichal and attack upgrades but it gives you a noticable diffrence when you get them.

Over all this is a solid game which i'm having alot of fun ignoring my work with. I'd recommend it for any platform, but if you do get it for the PC over Steam you're going to want to download Xpadder for your controller and read through a few posts on the Steam forums on how to fix the texture glitches if you get them (mainly talking to Vista users here).
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Beyond Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Good and Evil   Beyond Good and Evil Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:03 am

Here's the links you'll want to look at if getting this over steam:

Xpadder can be downloaded free from here.
Controller map. It's further down the post and I moved a few buttons for personal prefrence.
If you get glitch problems (I had very small and short ones when entering the inventory) check out this link to fix it.
Back to top Go down

Beyond Good and Evil
Page 1 of 1