NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!

Go down 
+4
acandymancan
Shoe box ant
Erebus-Styx
3agle_land3r
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:05 am

Yeah i was surprised at the random video appearance on Xbox videos but it appears the Final Fantasy franchise is coming to Xbox 360 Very Happy
I did some research after watching the pretty stunning video trailer on Xbox live and the development on the European Xbox 360 and PS3 FFXIII games has started Very Happy
I found this fantastic on so many levels, Sony are now screwed royaly. They have lost one of their main exclusive titles, i would say second only to Metal Gear Solid (and its only a matter of time before that one gives in to the heaps of money Microsoft have to offer). Another fantastic thing I found out is that the Xbox version will be a direct port from the Japanese PS3 version (minus the Japanese and 8-way processing ofc) this is a good thing because nothing will be lost in conversion from Blu-ray to HDDVD (they are releasing the xbox version on several disc's).

also, the musical direction will be by the same man behind FFX's musical score
and the battle system is by Toshiro Tsuchida who did the battle system in FFX so expect very smooth and well engineered battle gameplay.

oh another note, release has been very looslely predicted by Square Enix as late 2009 (and that was for the Japanese version, we can expect a 2-6 month wait after that here in Europe), they have also said that predictions for release by any one other than Square Enix are FALSE, so if you are interested, check Square Enix for the latest info.

So yeah, FF for XBOX!! wewt, looks awesome too, check out the trailers on live. ^^
I just realised that this may have been a waste of time and that no-one probably likes Final Fantasy lol
^^
Back to top Go down
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 am

This is old news now, check out Kotaku.com.

TBH I thought I would be excited but I think the JRPG genre has grown very stale now. With the level of innovation going into other genres these days, JRPGs haven't changed much since the SNES apart from the graphics (obviously). For example I got Lost Odyssey and didn't even finish it, after completing FFVII I think I got my fill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:16 am

oh, sorry I didn't know about it before now ^^
but yeah i dont think they need to change so much but they are changing to more action based games, the battles are way more fast paced than the days of FF7, also, I count Final Fantasy as a series of its own, having played Lost Odessey and The Last Remnant and, like styx, not finishing them, they just dont stand up to FF in my oppinion. Ill be pre-ordering this one, thats a cert. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:36 am

Different strokes for different folks. I loved Lost Odessey myself and was put off by FFXII as it seemed more like an offline WOW than a propper JRPG. Not to say that JRPGs don't need inovation, I mean are random battles even aceptable anymore? I enjoy the more relaxed pace of turn based systems though, not as demanding as an action game but not as complex as an RTS.

but keeping on topic....Yea im pretty excited for this, but don't expect to see it till 2010, I read there developing it for PS3 then porting it to xbox which is why its going to take so long. And the fact that this exclusive has gone to xbox has nothing to do with sonys performance as a console, this is the price of HD gaming. In this console generation the 'exclusive' just isn't economicly viable and I would even go as far as to say does'nt exist, nearly all 360 exclusives end up on PC or PS3 at a later point and vice versa.

at least I hope thats true, because I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a 360 port of Valkyrie Chronicles

*edit* I mean REEEEEAAAAALLLLYYYY want
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:01 am

Ok heres how I see it. Square enix have always been producing some amazing RPG's. Ive always found them to be really decent, well thought of and well developed games. This is something that doesnt go stale in my opinion. Although it is practically the same thing everytime, what you're buying is the story creation and development by Square Enix. Square's stories are just imennce and I've always had a fun time playing their games. However ff12 did suck ass.

imo

FF7 - BEST EVARRRR!
FF8 - Fairly average, but nothing compared to 7
FF9 - Had nice feel to it, story was a bit silly by the end
FF10 - Brilliant at bringing the FF series to ps2
FF10x2 - Alright but nothing speical, It had been done with ff10 and once blitzbal was gone I cried.
FF11 - Online.. pift WoW is better
FF12 - Really didnt like the combat system in this.
FF13 - looks PRETTY YAY!

Think i'll be getting this one.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:53 am

FF8 was the first FF game I played so maybe I appreciate it more because of that but I still loved 7, 9 was brilliant too Razz
FF10x2 was the weirdest in my oppinion prefered the combat in 12 to what they used in this, the garment grids n stuff were a bit weird, n had a load of loopholes in them
cant wait for 13, it looks so pretty Very Happy
hopefully it will be as good on 'current-gen' as it was when it came to PS2 ^^
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:45 pm

I can't believe how constantly excited about this game I am, I keep going on the website and reading every sliver of information on it to find something new, it hasn't changed in ages but still.... I NEED FFXIII!!! It looks so purty ^_^

oh, also, check that OP, see the bit about sony breaking and giving up rights to MGS? did you also hear about MGS:Rising for 360? I think thats what you call a damn good prediction Wink
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:07 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/international-trailer-final-fantasy/60730?type=flv

anyone else actually excited about this?
first time a FF game will have specially animated english voice overs

roll on March Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Almost a year after you started the thread Surprised
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 pm

hm....you may want to re-adjust your expectations , I've heard nothing but... well not bad, but underwhelming things.

If you've been keeping up to date with the info then I'm sure your aware of how comically linear the game is (in the most literal way possible), how there's basically no towns or shops in the game and how the 360 version is less polished than the PS3 version. Complaints about linearity may seem Ironic coming from a Sonic the Hedgehog fan, but IMO there hasn't been a good FF since IX.

never mind though, there's still Final fantasy XIII Agito to look forward too

*edit* also who thought it would be a good idea to replace the theme song with some Leona Lewis? I love me some jPop
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:41 pm

well, i do admit that 9 was the last of the really good FF games, but I felt 12 was a great game, though I know many disliked it.
The linearity does not bother me, a linear game makes a good one tbh. Who says just because a game is linear that makes it bad?

linear: Sonic, Batman, All FF games (if you ignore the random side-quests in certain games), Tom Clancy games, Diablo, Half Life, Gears of War

non-linear: Far Cry 2, Mercenaries, Just Cause, Assassins Creed

I know there are probably great non-linear games (GTA for example), but tbh there are lots of bad ones too, and plently of brilliant linear games.

also, the loss of shopping doesn't sound like the end of the world, tbh it was rather tedious, and, at the and of the day, its what the women are there for.

The story seems very strong and more engrossing than earlier games (if it can beat IX we will see) the combat looks quite polished and nice and fluid which I liked about 12 (also return of the ATB gauge woot!) and ofc you still have the fantastic looking cut-scenes, theres a lot mor positive than negative IMO.

P.S. yeah Leona Lewis seemed a bit strange, but hey, it's the Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:17 pm

ok, but remember; if the disappointment is too much to bear, we are here for you

we can all look forward to Agito together... or better yet replay FF VIII which has just been re-released on the PSN (I knew there was a reason I bought a PSP)
Back to top Go down
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Shoe box ant wrote:
Complaints about linearity may seem Ironic coming from a Sonic the Hedgehog fan

actually I'd say complaining about lack of polish would seem more ironic after all let's not forget 2006 and the amount of times I fell into the sky...

as for XIII I've got it pre-ordered and am looking forward to playing it, but I still have four more RPGs I need to complete...
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Knightmare wrote:
I still have four more RPGs I need to complete...

Yeah I never finished The Last Remnant (found it rather boring), but am still trudging through Torchlight and Guild Wars.
Back to top Go down
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:46 am

ah Last Remnant is on my to do list, I enjoyed the opening but hated the randomness of the battle system

anyway I'm currently playing Star Ocean 4 and my god the voice acting is bad
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:49 am

Last Remnant seemed to be missing a crucial ingredient for me. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it just wasn't fun or engrossing like FF games are (I know I keep comparing everything to FF but imo they are the best RPG's)

I've never played the Star Ocean games, am I right in thinking they are the same people as were behind Phantasy Star?
Back to top Go down
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 am

no the guys who make Star Ocean is made of the group that made the first Tales game (Tales of Phantasia)

Phantasy Star is Sega
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:35 am

oh ok fair enough.
but yeah I dont know of a game that can tell a story better than FF, I hear dragon age is very good at it but I prefer the more cartoony, overly fictional fantasy of FF games like FFIX (my personal favourite)
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:43 am

3agle_land3r wrote:
I know there are probably great non-linear games, but tbh there are lots of bad ones too, and plenty of brilliant linear games.

QFT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 am

bought it, got to chapter 3, so far so meh

unlike 12 which. wanted. to. tell. you. everything. in. tons. of. detail. 13 pretty much dumps you in mid fight and goes, 'lol whats going on'

hoping it gets better
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:59 am

Knightmare wrote:
12 which. wanted. to. tell. you. everything. in. tons. of. detail.

Glad it wasn't just me that thought they laid the detail and fancy language on a bit too thick.

Was thinking of preordering this for the collection edition (I like shiny thingies) but decided against it. Also saw the trailer and thought the motorcycle bit as a bit OTT. Way too much numbers flying around.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:00 pm

indeed, it is a bit meh so far, chapter 4 here, I've heard from reviews it doesnt pick up until 30 hours in, and the game is 60 hours long, hoping its worth it. Starting to think the first 30 hours is all tutorial.
Story aint too bad though, long as you like reading about it, and as always with FF its the prettiest game on whatever console you happen to play it on
Back to top Go down
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:21 am

fuck you odin fuck you

that is all
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Lol, tbh, 30 hours "before [something] gets good" seems... a little much. =(
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:02 pm

odin lololololololololololol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!   Final Fantasy XIII for 360?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII for 360?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: X-box-
Jump to: