NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plain Sight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Plain Sight Empty
PostSubject: Plain Sight   Plain Sight Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:14 am

This was released on Steam on April 5th. At first I was momentarily repelled by the pitch 'suicidal ninja robots', thinking it was just a small nitbit game. Nevertheless the gameplay looked interesting and fun, plus it was under £10 so I bought it.

Once you get past the long tedious means of creating a Plain Sight account and logging in, the game is surprisingly intense. Deathmatch is the most I've played, and it's all about whirling your mouse and moving as fast as possible as you aim to kill as many other players as possible in levels that have taken gravity and scrunched it into a ball before kicking it away. But the fun isn't in fragging as many people as you can, you need to kill as many people, before blowing yourself up and killing even more people, bagging yourself more points. Experience can also be gained through kills in order to purchase upgrades that last for that round, such as double jump and a locked-on warning indicator.

Besides Deathmatch is CTF, Domination and Botzilla. Botzilla is a good mode all about one (Botzilla) against all (ninjas). The ninjas need to pummel the Botzilla player to death whilst avoiding his powerful attacks. Whenever the 'zilla player is killed, a Ninja jumps in and takes his place, aiming to get more points than the previous player. Great in theory and great in practice.

For an indie game, this is a good buy and worth playing if you like multiplayer chaos in twisted environments. You can easily get immersed in jumping and whirling through the air, provided you don't get a migraine from the constant shifts in gravity.
Back to top Go down

Plain Sight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: PC and Mac-
Jump to: