NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Have A Dream...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:50 am

I just thought i would share this awesomeness with you guys.
So like, I NEVER remember my dreams, probly something to do with my horrible sleeping pattern. Yet last night, I did, and hell, what a dream it was.

Firstly, imagine the Raptor scene from Jurassic Park, then place it in a futuristic (or possibly just modern with particularly futuristic design) city.
The city appears to have been overrun by dinosaurs for some unknown reason (tbh who cares, its awesome) and quarantined to stop the spread of dinos. So food is low (as would be guns and ammo if thats how you're thinking) so its just me and 2 of my flatmates (IRL flatmates) trying to get from what I think is a university campus to our homes, which are apparently safe houses that have big metal doors and cameras in etc (dont know how I know that, my mind seems to have filled me in with an introduction of sorts). We only encountered Raptors on the way, and it was tense as fck, and i still dont know if we got to our house.

ALL I keep thinking about is, 'that would make an AWESOME game!'
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:11 pm

The Reptilian apocalypse is something we should all be concerned about, especially as technology in genetic engineering advances further and further. However be aware that a good zombie plan with a few alterations can serve you well in the event of the reptilian doom

Consider the following:
-are You dealing with half lizard/human mutants, Dragons, resurrected Dinosaurs or a Godzilla type mega beast?
-Will your stronghold repel sustained attack, or would it be better to flee the area
- what season is it, remember lizards are cold blooded so if its cold you stand a good chance, if not head to colder climates

keep these in mind and you should survive long enough to either see the last remnants of humanity be enslaved/burnt to a crisp/eaten, or to repopulate the planet

Gamer Soc's "List of Things you should worry about"

#1: Zombie Apocalypse
#2: Cyber Apocalypse (see: Skynet)
#3:Large Hadron Collider
#4: Reptilian Apocalypse
#5: Space Invaders
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Wow, reminds me a bit of Dino Crisis, which I suddenly want to play again.

You're not the only one who doesn't remember his dreams, but I only seem to remember the really weird ones. Lol, one of my weird ones this month involved this society. Very Happy me taking a secret test to gain premium membership or something by playing a repetitive game over and over again.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:05 am

Dino Crisis were awesome games, I dont know how I hated the camera view in Resi2 or whatever but liked it in Dino Crisis lol

but yeah, was an awesome dream, seems its already being turned into a couple of mods for both HL2 and Crysis Wars, the later of which is soon to be completed, and the former has been in development for around 7 years :S They loof pretty awesome tbh, ill get links soon.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Intense dream Surprised
I had a similar one... But, it was annoying since we were running from something but it was never let on what! It was like my own mind was playing a game against me, trying to force me to figure out what was going on.

Then there was another, where I imagined I was in this tomb like thing. And to get out I had to place coins next to these little idols (good for up, bad for the f*cking platform tips and I die in a dream again!) so a platform would raise up and I could grab a chain. Along with some woman and a relgious nutjob. Get on the chain, then this dwarf insists on sarcrificing himself by pulling on it to get us out. Oh, forgot to mention, place was full of monsters and it was a race against time.

Whacky... Whacky dream. o_o
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:51 pm

lol that sounds pretty random, and slightly d+d inspired haha.

yeah the mind is a complex thing, perhaps one day technology will allow us to view past dreams in an .avi format and we can re-live the events on the bus journey to uni. One can dream (im sorry. SORRY ok, it had to be done, I'll go shoot myself now.)
Back to top Go down
Andy-G
Gamer
Andy-G

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:30 am

I started on a dream diary a few months back and it really does help a lot in remembering dreams, even the ones you don't write down, they become much clearer in the mornings and stuff, might help you to remember too.

Mind you I don't do it anymore. It requires writing as soon as you wake up at which point all I wanna do is go back to sleep XD
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:31 am

Andy-G wrote:
It requires writing as soon as you wake up

Hmm, yeah, that's not gonna happen, lol
I can barely get myself up in the morning to turn the light switch on, writing is a whole other ball park.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:42 am

I just had one this morning. Me and my family were sitting down having spaghetti. Simon Cowell was sitting where my dad was (my dad was standing behind him watching tv) and Simon Cowell had a beard. My mum got up and a teacher from my last school, who was really strict, sat down in her place and started singing a sad song to my brother.

How I remembered this I do not know. I think I'm ill. Would explain why I had this dream in the first place.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 am

dream thread is crashing, someone mention hitler...
ah there we go. GODWINS RULE FTW
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:05 am

I POW Eagle for mentioning Godwin's rule.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:21 pm

lulz
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:16 am

Ok, so maybe we need some really wacky dreams submitted...
How about this one? I'm arguing with my brother, I trip over and hit the floor, and as I do so I jolt awake.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:48 am

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND GODWINS RULE MAN!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Andy-G
Gamer
Andy-G

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:11 pm

3agle_land3r wrote:
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND GODWINS RULE MAN!!!!!!!1
Says the guy who mentioned Hitler without comparing him to anything.

Most of my dreams involve me playing games. (Yeah, I even game while asleep)
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:33 pm

fine, this thread is like hitler... dead. godwins rule executed.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:10 am

I Have A Dream... Eagle

I told you not to touch that darn thing.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:31 am

I Have A Dream... User8610
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 am

Yes, that picture is right. We are off track. Let us resume about dreams. And no more chanfag rules, k?
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 11:46 am

ofc, back to dreams, and btw its not a chanfag rule, more a societal observation.
Can't say i've had any interesting dreams lately, probably since my sleeping pattern is almost akin to that of a bat.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:02 am

Freaky dream alert.
It started off with some sort of Brawl game where an Ice Climber on one platform was knocking into another on another platform, against a weird black and blue backdrop. The 1st Ice Climber threw down a pokeball, which knocked the other Climber off. Then it swapped to me in some sort of sunny dry city, rubbing my arms down with toothpaste (I saw squirting it from a tube of Signal). Then I was in a line at a Hole-In-The-Wall machine, where some guy turns round and says 'that's my toothpaste'. I point out I got it from some guy over there. I try to reason with the person but he did not have any of it and punched my lights out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Have A Dream... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Have A Dream...   I Have A Dream... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Have A Dream...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: RL Banter-
Jump to: