NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Timesplitters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:53 am

Timesplitters (henceforth known as TS) is a good game series with intriguing single player that is evenly balanced with fun multiplayer. The first one was just enough to get multiplayer fans involved, though there was practically no storyline to it. The second one was alright except that the storyline dragged on for a bit, but at least the Reaper Splitters were awesome. The third was just epic, the storyline was really great and was worthy of playing.

I bought TS1 first, then borrowed TS2 and sorta lost interest. 3 was really good even though I only rented it.

It's an interesting multiplayer game that is serious enough for stuff like grenades and headshots but fun enough for things like monkeys and badass cyborgs.

I wonder if we can play this at some point with each other? Your views if you may.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Timesplitters was a good series, its just a shame free radical entertainment are no more

played 2 loads back in the day, shame we won't be getting a 4 (at least not from the original creators)

btw did anyone see their Star Wars: battlefront 3 promo work, shit looked cash ;_;
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:39 pm

I didn't know Radical had folded. Shame. They were doing so well.

Not seen Battlefront 3 yet, still trying to play through Battlefront 2 when I can. Very Happy

I wonder if it's ok to bring in a ps2 with Timesplitters 1 when I can? I'll have to unlock all the weapons and people again, but I can try, just to get some multiplayer shizz flowing.
Back to top Go down
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Shoe box ant wrote:
Timesplitters was a good series, its just a shame free radical entertainment are no more

played 2 loads back in the day, shame we won't be getting a 4 (at least not from the original creators)

btw did anyone see their Star Wars: battlefront 3 promo work, shit looked cash ;_;

sith Obi Wan :*( Never will I play as you

the art for 4 looked pretty sweet like the Monkey in the suit of armor and the hologram steampunk cowboy
shame FR last game had to be Haze
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:49 am

My lecture for games last year was the 9th employee for Free Radical and made the manion map as well as many others for the first time splitters. Fact.

We're always happy when our members want to bring their own consoles/games to socials. We'd love to play a little TS on a big screen.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:17 am

Excellent. I shall begin to unlock stuff on it right away. I might bring it in next week unless that's the social slayer week, and if so then the week after. I might bring some other multiplayers while I'm at it, maybe some Red Faction (if I haven't sold it) or Ratchet Gladiator. Lol, the PS2 is not dead to me. Very Happy

And awesome fun fact. Mansion was the best level I played. Scared the crap out of me, I must admit.

Note: I just remembered that the PS2 controllers I have are really knackered. The two Dualshock 2 ones I have are in working condition, but the wiring cover is coming off on the handset. The other two controllers I have are Logitech, and really bulky and a pain to use. So if anyone has any spare PS2 controllers, feel free to bring them along to play. I have one of those fancy extension plugs that can attach four controllers to one controller port, so 4 player is definitely an option.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

It is very likely that we will have a gaming social next week due to the union not replying to us about the room booking for this week.

This gaming social will be happening before the social slayer Smile
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Ah. Cancelling the social this week sucks, but it can't be helped I suppose. In truth it actually works out better for me because then I have a free day next wednesday, so I can come in with console and games with no lectures beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:16 am

FRIG. I leaned on my PS2 controller cable and it shot out of the port and hit me in the face. Worse, my memory card is buggered now. Doesn't read anything on it. And I had my final fantasy games and everything on it. *insert fuckoff angry face here* All this happened because I was playing Timesplitters.

EDIT: Wait, false alarm, it works now. Weird. I should have Robofish unlocked by the weekend and then hopefully Gingerbread Man.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:25 am

Lol I saw Timesplitters 3 in a game shop for about £5. I think I shall buy it soon, for the interests and benefits of the society. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:38 am

Good news and bad news. Good news is I've practically finished the game with all but a handful of characters and stuff left to unlock. Mansion on normal is proving to be difficult, even when I had my brother helping me along. It'd be great if I had some help completing that when I bring it in to the social meeting. Very Happy

Now for the bad news. One of my normal dualshock 2 controllers has packed in. Completely. And my other controller has a problem with its right stick. So I have one mediocre controller and two bulky horrible ones (which apparently aren't logitech but 'gamestat' or something obscure like that). So it is important that I find more controllers.

As for Timesplitters 3, they took it off the shelf of the shop the next day. I can't seem to find it again.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:14 am

What the hell are you doing to those pad's!?

the Daulshock 2 is quite the sturdy pad, are you sure your using them right?
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:11 am

Hehe, I'm sure I am. They're just old. We've had them ever since the PS2 originally came out, and my brother is especially prone to throwing the controlled on the floor or bashing it to death whenever he gets particularly frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 pm

*cough* Well, euh, I have Timesplitters 2 and 3 (aka Future perfect) and a couple of working controllers to boot. Just give me a PM some time if you want me to bring them in :]

edit: Just remembered, I have memory cards too! With some characters unlocked etc. ^^
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 am

Lazuka wrote:
*cough* Well, euh, I have Timesplitters 2 and 3 (aka Future perfect) and a couple of working controllers to boot. Just give me a PM some time if you want me to bring them in :]

edit: Just remembered, I have memory cards too! With some characters unlocked etc. ^^

Hooray. I'll PM you when I have a wednesday free for a gamer meeting in the next term.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Timesplitters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timesplitters   Timesplitters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timesplitters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: Playstation-
Jump to: