NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CS:S Map

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

CS:S Map Empty
PostSubject: CS:S Map   CS:S Map Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 5:25 am

im going to get back into maping on SDK just because its so damn easy and fun to use, the first map I make since my complete format of my hard-drives (and loss of all my old maps Sad ) I want to make properly balanced and professional.

Thing is, right now I am too lazy/un-imaginative to come up with a design idea. The last professional map I was making (almost finished till the format incident) was a blended mix of a dust style map and an aim_texture map.

Does anyone here have any ideas? I would rather not do any kind of futuristic themed world since I've lost all my pro renders so I've only got the stock textures.
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: CS:S Map   CS:S Map Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:14 am

A mountainous map? Up in the rocky hills somewhere, or in the forests of america would be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: CS:S Map   CS:S Map Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:19 am

hmm forests could be tricky, there aren't many stock cs:s tree models so it might end up looking like the same thing everywhere, mountains might be do-able though, like a log cabin or some sort of warehouse/factory in the mountains (its going to be a bombsite map so I need something terrorists might attack Razz )
I've found a good light effect that might work well with mountains too, a kind of slight yellowy tinge with a sun-set skybox. I may experiment with that, more ideas is cool too though! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CS:S Map   CS:S Map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CS:S Map
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: PC and Mac-
Jump to: