NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fallen Earth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

Fallen Earth Empty
PostSubject: Fallen Earth   Fallen Earth Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 am

If there's already a thread for this, I can't see it! pig

So, what to make of it? I've heard from people who play said Fallout-esque MMO really enjoy it. At the moment, only North American servers exist but we Brits can play on them.

Personally, I'd love to give it a go. Sadly my laptop isn't up to scratch at the moment, but, would anybody else be interested in crashing into the apocalypse with me? bounce

I think my favourite part of their points placed in the game is the insane amount of crafting and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Fallen Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Earth   Fallen Earth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:00 am

The thing on my mind at first is 'how much is it?' Second thing was 'Fallout 3? Bleh'. Still if it's -esque then it can't be all that related. I shall have to look it up first and give it consideration.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

Fallen Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Earth   Fallen Earth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:02 am

Good points. Being as it's esque, I only used that as it's a nuclear apocalypse. Something people seem to lurve.

Pricing, I'm not sure. You'll have to go on their site and currency convert. 'course, I won't leap in just yet. I'll give it a few months to get going.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Fallen Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Earth   Fallen Earth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:05 am

Well I would look right not but I'm using the NTU wireless network at the moment, and [whisper]I don't want to get into trouble[/whisper]. So I'll check when I get home.

And yea, given that we're not even in a nuclear war at the moment I don't see why it's giving people the orgies. At least Bioshock had the decency to put it all underwater and not make it such an eyesore.
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

Fallen Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Earth   Fallen Earth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:08 am

Yeah, best not to get in trouble. Actually, to hell with it. I'll put a link here so people don't get fussy. I know I do.

http://www.fallenearth.com/

Bet nobody say that coming! affraid
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Fallen Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Earth   Fallen Earth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:13 am

I was intrested in this game, but if WAR taught me anything it's that you can't really review an MMO untill it's been out for a few months. I think the whole idea behind it is interesting, but personally I don't think i'll be checking it out. The factions and combat style looks interesting and fresh compaired to mainstream MMOs, but it hasn't been enough to grip me.

Plus if i want to get engrossed in an apocalyptic shit hole version of the world i'll just watch the news to make myself depressed :p
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Fallen Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Earth   Fallen Earth Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:00 am

I played early beta onwards, IMO it's pretty good, quite nice (was underoptimised, so ran like a... thing, sometimes), a bit like Neocron (which I looooooved). But with Fallout3.

And the crafting is pretty funky, better than WoW fo' shoa. But Vanguards crafting was more different. Smile

I might be interested to play some of it, but only after I've figured my workload out properly. =) On the other hand, it's not desperately special, so I might just go with the slightly less MMO things that are coming out and have tickled my fancy.

Thread coming up soon: APB - Have you applied for exciting Beta? And Love! Eskil makes proc-gen dream come to life!

Post on FE on a site I love, from a guy I don't know so well: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/10/19/thoughts-from-fallen-earth/
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Sponsored content

Fallen Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallen Earth   Fallen Earth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallen Earth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: PC and Mac-
Jump to: