NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F.E.A.R. 2: DLC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

F.E.A.R. 2: DLC Empty
PostSubject: F.E.A.R. 2: DLC   F.E.A.R. 2: DLC Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:53 am

So I'm gonna keep this one short, because seriously, I could rant about this one a great deal more: did anyone else get fooled into paying for this?
I remember when it first came out, I decided it couldn't be worth the £8 or whatever it was going for then, but yesterday I noticed it was on sale for £3.
I still don't think it was worth it, it didn't live up to expectations.
Yeah, that's right, they cut the price by over half, I wasn't expecting it to be good, and it still didn't meet what I was guessing I'd get from it.

I played through the whole of F.E.A.R. 2 on hard mode, and to be honest it wasn't that difficult; the gameplay was enjoyable, challenging, there was a huge helping of atmosphere and scary moments, as well as a a plentiful scattering of extra content that tied it in well with the first game. I loved F.E.A.R.2 for that.

The DLC has none of those things. It appears to have been designed in the same way that this was designed, specifically to piss the player off by killing him as many times as possible in as many ways as possible, with a vague story on top to somehow give it an excuse to be at all related to the original F.E.A.R.

After a good half an hour of frustration I figured out the only way to beat the DLC on hard mode was to simply hide behind something thick enough to stop the one-shot-kill bullets of every petty enemy until I had enough slow-mo charged up to take one out. Wash, rinse, repeat. Boring.

If you love F.E.A.R., don't get the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R. 2: DLC   F.E.A.R. 2: DLC Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 am

Serif wrote:
So I'm gonna keep this one short
lol

Shame that the DLC didn't live upto the game and thanks for the heads up. I'm sure alot of people would have bought F.E.A.R.2 over this weekend due to the steam sale of it. Good to know that the DLC isn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R. 2: DLC   F.E.A.R. 2: DLC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 am

Radical Ewok wrote:
Serif wrote:
So I'm gonna keep this one short
lol
I could've ranted far more than I did, really. I am so very disappointed by it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R. 2: DLC   F.E.A.R. 2: DLC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F.E.A.R. 2: DLC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: Reviews-
Jump to: