NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scribblenauts

Go down 
+7
3agle_land3r
Shoe box ant
s_doolan
Radical Ewok
keziaftw
Erebus-Styx
Hellfang
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:15 am

Heard about this one awhile ago, but I recently was told about the depth of things you can do in this game and it caught my attention.

For those who don't know the game is basically a puzzle platformer for DS, the gimmick being the ability to type in any object and have it appear on screen. For example, in one level you have to get a star from a tree. The obvious thing to do is spawn a ladder, to climb up and get the star, or spawn an axe to cut down the tree and get the star. That was my idea of the extent of things you could do in game, until I read this:

Quote :

I had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wandering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a fucking doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the fuck? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were fucking dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a fucking DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the shit out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy fucking shit.

Sounds pretty cool, right? I looked up a few videos, here's one of the developers playing the game and showing off some of the cool stuff you can do:
click

Apparently there's a bunch of categories of things that you can discover too, one of which is 'internet memes'. So yeah, in this game you can summon longcat, keyboard cat, leeroy jenkins, etc.
here's a video of that

And there's a level creator and you can share levels and stuff too, guys, this sounds pretty cool!

Edit: Oh and apparently they've added so much stuff already now they are just adding really obscure types of dinosaurs to the game. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://hellfang.co.uk
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:22 am

On that first example I saw a video where a guy makes a lumberjack appear to use the axe to cut down the tree. This looks great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
keziaftw
Insane Gamer
keziaftw

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:50 pm

OH I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kezziebeat
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:27 pm

so I went out and emulated this since I was pissed that everyone was playing it and it wasnt released here yet. but dont worry guys, i'll totally buy it when it comes out.

game is awesome! it's somewhat let down by the controls, for some reason the camera resets to the main character every so often, so if you are spawning things away from him, it'll jump back and you'll end up screwing whatever you were doing. but other than that, it's super fun. i have been playing for 3 hours. my most used items so far are rope and a pterodactyl. you'll probably see why when you play it

pic related: it's me atop my magnificent dinosaur steed, fighting santa in a mech

Scribblenauts Ji1iqb
Back to top Go down
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:05 am

Oh man game looks so awesome. I really wanna get a DS at some point for this, chrono trigger and pokemon but i don't want the fat one. At the moment lite's are like £60-70 so I think i'll wait until price comes down.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:29 am

This game cannot come out soon enough
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:26 am

If you type in 'Chuck Norris' do you win all levels automatically? or does the game explode?
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 am

Both. But it's your DS that explodes.
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:25 pm

3agle_land3r wrote:
If you type in 'Chuck Norris' do you win all levels automatically? or does the game explode?

it seems you cant spawn chuck norris Sad

the reason might be because he would make the game explode, though

any thing else you guys want me to put into it to see if it'll spawn?
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 pm

flux compasitor!
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:31 pm

works, but i dont know how to use it. i think it might just be the same as a regular capacitor.

Scribblenauts 2hn9caw

but you can just spawn a time machine if you want to time travel
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:22 am

Can you spawn Hope? WELL CAN YOU!?!?! coz if not we are all DOOOOOOMMMMEEEDDD!
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:38 am

Scribblenauts Ir3syc

;___;
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 am

What on earth is a Heliotrope and can you kill things with it?

p.s can you spawn a snail? just for lols
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:06 am

i don't know what a heliotrope is either, but the snail seems to be eating it

Scribblenauts 2v3t0d2
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:08 am

lol nice, what about cake? can we spawn cake and maybe a portal gun?? possibly a slightly deranged AI scientific experimentation system with a plot to kill all its subjects? If so.... who needs portal 2? Razz
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:27 am

portal gun between cake and chocolate cake

Scribblenauts I552dh

the portal gun doesn't shoot portals though, just regular bullets ;-;
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:40 am

lol, I am getting this game Very Happy It looks awesome, plus I just want to see how many random objects I can use to get through a level Razz Ill have to use my sisters DS tho... Or get her to buy it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Necro 17
Gamer
Necro 17

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 11:16 am

Can you spawn God? what about death?: Just death Santa's ass

Two Words...Black Hole

I'm heading to the vic centre to do a bit of back to uni shopping and this is first on my list...

You can also spawn a large hadron collider

btw I think Heliotrope is something to do with colour as if you read HP7 (yes I said it) when Hermoine is taking the polyjuice potion before they infiltrate the ministry it says her potion looked a pleasent shade of heliotrope (I think it's pinky purply in colour)
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Harry Potter reference... lolwhut? lock thread now gogogo.... rofl
Back to top Go down
Necro 17
Gamer
Necro 17

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Well I got Scribblenauts
I must say I'm finding some stuff dificult due to my starnge lack of being able to come up with wacky and wonderfull or useful things

But the game still rules
I'm especially fond of the icepick, it's gotten me out of a few jams as well as the flaming sword/pterodactly combo, and the wings are always handy
And of course for enemies I don't want to fight I resort to using God...
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:13 am

Anyone else think the grappling hook is cripplingly short ranged?

+And doesn't use physics of any kind, so you can't really use it. Or is it just me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:21 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/969-Scribblenauts

If anyone hasnt already seen it!
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:40 am

haha thanks for that, I hadn't seen that one <3 ZP ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribblenauts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: Nintendo-
Jump to: