NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We might be getting a PS3

Go down 
+7
Jeeva
Lazuka
Hellfang
Amaya
Serif
Shoe box ant
Radical Ewok
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

We might be getting a PS3 Empty
PostSubject: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:41 pm

I just sent in the equipement application for next year and I asked for a PS3. If all goes well we'll have one of these bad boys at the start of next term. I'd say chances of us getting one are quite good considering we're expecting the society to grow by about 5 times (paid members wise), that does however mean longer waiting times for your turn Sad

BUT POSSIBLE FREE PS3!!! YAYAAAAAAAY!!!!

p.s. due to the MASSIVE lack of post in this part of the forum I think we need one.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:26 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

but the question remains... what games are we going to play on it?

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:56 am

Motorstorm 2.
Back to top Go down
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Sounds good!

Where would this bad boy be set up then? Tell me you can wangle it so it would dwell at yours, and not be stuck in some uni room somewhere? Meh, not even got it yet lol

Killzone 2 any good multiplayer? Theres COD4 too, though I guess most are fed up of that.

And if all that fails, we can take it in turns playing MGS4 :p
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Eh, killzone 2's multiplayer isn't half bad, problem is there are better alternatives.
I doubt many people will be able to stand CoD4 toned down to console-controller speed after so many of us play it on PC though.
Dare I suggest another? Rockband?
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:17 am

I think we'll start off with PS3 exclusives as there isn't much point at the moment spending our budget on games we've already played. The good news is we get to play FLOWER!
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:57 am

I just got an email about this years budget allowcations. WE'RE GETTING £290 TO SPEND ON A MUTHA FUCKING PS3 YO!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND £225 TO SPEND ON ANY GAMES FOR THE LIBARY!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 am

haha, that's awesome

if we're in charge of buying the ps3, we could always ebay an old one so we get one with backwards compatibility. then we can play a bunch of neato ps2 games too.

edit: just checked, i got the email too. we have £100 for gamecity, but gamecity is free this year. maybe we can spend it on.. gamecity provisions? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://hellfang.co.uk
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:39 pm

Quote :
maybe we can spend it on.. gamecity provisions? Wink

most definitely yes

THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE SO FUCKING CASH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lazuka
Gamer
Lazuka

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 2:37 am

GTA IV is pretty good on MP. Also, Orange box <3
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:17 am

Little Big Planets? =o

Odd one, but possibly more suited to party (/soc) play than, y'know, Killzone and the like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Red Five
Casual Gamer
Red Five

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 am

LBP is a great game in MP, very fun as a group I'd imagine because of some of the special areas that are 4-player only for example. Plus you can be REAL mature in the level creator...
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:43 am

i've been hasseling the societies VP and we should have it before next weeks social.

GONNA PLAY ME SOME FLOWER!
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:04 am

Dunno if you can splitscreen Fat Princess. =o
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
TheNewGuest
Noob
TheNewGuest

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Just set up my account, and had to dig up this thread!

I mentioned to one of el presidentes that one great feature of the PS3 is that any paid for downloaded games can be copied to several others (legally!) for free.

In fact, I've got several decent mutiplayer ones off a friend that I'd be happy to give to the society, most notably Warhawk.

...and that also includes Flower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Quote :
includes Flower

OH SHI-
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 pm

TheNewGuest wrote:

I mentioned to one of el presidentes that one great feature of the PS3 is that any paid for downloaded games can be copied to several others (legally!) for free.

Yeah man, I have a bunch of games I can put on there tooo. Fat Princess, Tekken Dark Resurrection, Marvel vs Capcom 2. Some others I forget.
Back to top Go down
http://hellfang.co.uk
Knightmare
Gamer
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:46 pm

I still remember my account from when I had a PS3, Fat Princess was one of them, Gunstar Heroes

and CRASH TEAM RACING

which might I add was made of pure awesome
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Knightmare wrote:

and CRASH TEAM RACING

which might I add was made of pure awesome

^ fucking THIS all the way

I spent far too long on that game, this would be win, I would also find using 8 high speed processors to render approximately no more than 32 polygons at a time highly amusing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We might be getting a PS3   We might be getting a PS3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We might be getting a PS3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: Playstation-
Jump to: