NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heavy Weapon Deluxe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Heavy Weapon Deluxe Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Weapon Deluxe   Heavy Weapon Deluxe Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm sure like most of you, like me, are eargerly awaiting Plants Vs Zombies. Currently on steam if you pre-order this game for £6.99 you get Heavy Weapon Deluxe. Staying true to popcaps check list this game has a resolution of probably 128x128, extremely flamboyant colours and a high adictiveness. The game is a side scrolling shooter and you play a tank, hellbent on stopping comunist russias world domination plans. I've only played the first few levels, and i'm not sure if it's because i'm tired or just because i suck but the game gets pretty difficult. The first 2 levels are pretty easy and with enough concentration you won't loose a life. Once it get's to the 3rd level the game pulls your balls to the edge of your chair and stamps on them untill you're too sad to keep playing.

After each level you're given a power up point. You can use these points to upgrade your tank with either a lazor beam, guided rockets, sheild and a few more choices. These points can be changed at any point before you start a mission, so you're free to mix stuff and about and try things out. I'd say if you're hooked up to steam and have a spare £6.99 knocking about you should get this for some good old mindless fun. This is defiently another game in my popcap arsnel for avoiding work and burning time.

Stay tuned for a Plants Vs Zombies review next week!
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon Deluxe   Heavy Weapon Deluxe Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:28 pm

yeah i did this, its a brilliant little game! the power-ups are so fulfilling i love popcap games!
think i got to level 5 but couldn't get any further, it does get really hard, but thats what makes it so good Razz
and plants vs zombies looks equally addictive, can't wait for that ^^
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon Deluxe   Heavy Weapon Deluxe Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:31 am

1 day guys, 1 DAY! I finialy gave into popcap and decided to buy their upcoming game. Funny thing is I thought it was going to be unlocked today (i.e. last night) so I was waiting at my computer at 12.01 waiting for it to unlock since I was up. Lol.

heavy weapon is quite a fun game, I really do wish they would make better resolutions for pop cap games since monitors are getting bigger and bigger nowadays. But as for heavy weapon I think Im on lvl 3 atm. The powerups and upgrades are fun and yes the gameplay does get significantly harder as you progress but hey, thats what makes it fun and feels like such an acheivment when you complete lvls.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Weapon Deluxe   Heavy Weapon Deluxe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Weapon Deluxe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: Reviews-
Jump to: