NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
3lmo
Hardcore Gamer
3lmo

PostSubject: Avatar (the movie)   Avatar (the movie) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Cant be bothered writing a full propper review so to sum it up:

*It's pretty feking good. It reminded me or LOTR and star wars mixed with elements of doctor dolittle (last one is in my opinion) Graphics are amazing, the story is predicable and reminded me a lot of the last samurai. Hopefully thats as close as i get to a spoiler for those who havn't seen it.*

The funniest thing is that even though its a 12A, if little kids do see it, we may have a generation thinking that if you want a pet, go out and rape an animal and it shall be your best friend. In Pandora rape laws are slightly different Razz

Who ever has seen it let me know what you thought of it in general, im confused to whether i liked it or not tbh.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

PostSubject: Re: Avatar (the movie)   Avatar (the movie) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 pm

I personally thought it was amazing. I felt the story (although predictable yes) was still strong and compelling enough to really draw you into the world of Pandora.

The special effects were second to none, absolutely outstanding, The People looked so graceful and real too which really added to the experience.

The direction was also good, James Cameron made a good choice to make the movie long enough to complete the story as is, rather than taking shortcuts that you could see other film directors taking.

IMO, one of the best movies of 2009, second only to Tarantino's Public Enemy.
I did not see it in 3D unfortunately, but will be taking a trip to the nearest cinema in Peterborough soon so that I can experience this apparently 'revolutionary' new technology.

In the works (of James Camerons mind) for around 17 years if I remember correctly, and you can see the depth that he came up with from that amount of time researching. A new language, an entire new ecosystem with genuine scientific depth, compelling relationships and complex moral undertones.

Sorry if this sounded a little high brow or long-winded or whatever, I just felt like it deserved some well thought out praise Razz

I greatly recommend you see this movie while it's at the cinema if you have not already, I can't imagine the experience being quite so awe-some on a 19" monitor screen with a 2.1 speaker set tbh.
Back to top Go down
3lmo
Hardcore Gamer
3lmo

PostSubject: Re: Avatar (the movie)   Avatar (the movie) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:08 am

i saw it in 3D. it was pretty intense. The story is compelling but to make it an epic movie i just need a little more from the plot tbh. I agree that the detail in Pandora was pretty impressive. And the acting was okay, not great but good enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar (the movie)   Avatar (the movie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1