NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*ahum*...Gentlemen

Go down 
+2
Dickov
Garionepsilon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

*ahum*...Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: *ahum*...Gentlemen   *ahum*...Gentlemen Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Putting this here since there's no designated 'introduce yourself' thread bit thingy.

Heyas to all. Name is Garion (gah-ree-un) Rudd. Undergraduate. Studying Law. Commuter.

First I must apologise for not being able to make it to the Fresher's Fair and meeting the society representatives in person. I don't know about some of you, but I could not see the end of the queue as it went down the street, round the corner and up the hill. I was attending a lecture at the time the fair opened, and by the time I got outside the Boots library the queue had formed. I could not stay long either, as I had to catch the bus back home. Oh well.

This is the one (and probably the only) society I saw and went 'I have to join that'. I say this because I am an avid gamer; I see, I play, I enjoy. In fact I'm that full of avidness that people express surprise when I tell them that I usually own two of the majority of consoles, so that I do not have to waste precious time waiting for my sibling to finish their turn on it. No small wonder finances are down, but I digress.

In terms of online games, I have surprisingly few. I do enjoy playing Team Fortress 2, and I rarely pass up a chance to do so. So I'll probably be wanting to play that a lot.

So yeah, that's about it really. Looking forward to enjoying my time with the society, and I shall make it for the Wednesday meeting next week.
Back to top Go down
Dickov
Casual Gamer
Dickov

*ahum*...Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: *ahum*...Gentlemen   *ahum*...Gentlemen Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Hey guys, I'll just borrow Garrisonepsilons thread because I don't wanna make a new introduction thing.

I'm Vincent, international student (Singapore), studying first year Law w/ Business

So yeah, I joined up, I signed up, I paid up. I actually went back and paid for this society with my credit card and then I got some e-mails from William Thomas about next wednesday and I'm looking forward to playing games with you guys. (casually, at least)

Really a big fan of DotA, (I know you guys don't play it much but hey, a guy can dream right?) and I have a very defunct PSPslim which I'm hoping can mooch games and programs off you guys. I'm told I'm not that good in FPS but I'm just here to meet like-minded people and get some gaming done.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to join this society. See you guys next Wednesday unless I got other commitments! (hopefully not)
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

*ahum*...Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: *ahum*...Gentlemen   *ahum*...Gentlemen Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Lol hai. Yea, just use my topic, save yourself the hassle/embarassment of starting a new topic. been a while since I used a forum so I'm not bothered.

Law with Business eh? Hate business myself, never could do it.

I may be ruining my credibility here, but what's DotA?
Back to top Go down
Dickov
Casual Gamer
Dickov

*ahum*...Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: *ahum*...Gentlemen   *ahum*...Gentlemen Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DotA

Don't worry about it dude, it's not a very British thing I must say.
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

*ahum*...Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: *ahum*...Gentlemen   *ahum*...Gentlemen Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Oh aye, yea, that looks obscure. Made by the WoW people, I see. I played WoW a bit on a free private server but never got into it.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

*ahum*...Gentlemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: *ahum*...Gentlemen   *ahum*...Gentlemen Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Hey, there is a stickied introduction thread somewhere. But don't worry, let's roll with this :D

for more infomation on DotA I throughly recommend you watch and love this video: