NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rock Band 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Well, basically, I'm very bored, as you can see from the timestamp it is now.... 5am.
I have been browsing mostly this forum for several hours, when I noticed many posts/topics on GH but NONE about Rock Band, or at least none that didn't blow it off to mention another GH game.

Has anyone got RB2? Why is it so undermentioned? I think its one of the best music/rhythm games in a very long time, its always being supported by DLC (for 100 weeks running now in fact) it has a big pro following, its an amazing party game, really nice looking, yet no-one ever talks about it. Is it really so rare? I love the game, cant get enough, it makes me wish i never bought GH4, GH:rock the 80's, GH:Aerosmith, GH:Metallica(even as a huge 'tallica fan).

I mean, the instruments are shit quality but the game is ace.

On a side note, I swear im coming down with Insomnia.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:45 am

wow really? This is really weird to hear because Rock Band 2 IS the game most played at Gamer Soc socials. Just though trolling my pictures and videos on facebook I can see a lot of Gamer Soc members singing and playing along while enjoying a good alcoholic buzz.

I can't get any of the embeded code to post them up here because the videos up arn't mine -.- but i'm sure Jeeva and Kezzie can get me the links soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:22 am

I see... so the RB2 playing is an underground activity.... That makes it so much more awesome tbh Razz look forward to watching everyone sing painkiller soon ^^ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah, I'm a far bigger fan of RB2 above GHx, partial exclusion GH:Metallica. Though I hope for good things from GH5, I'm not that hopeful. But (personally) I'd prefer it to RB:Beatles, so... eh.

Journey is where the DLC is at!
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:47 am

Jeeva wrote:
Journey is where the DLC is at!

Quoted for truth.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:14 pm

I prefer Rock Band to GH. I cant explain it, the games are basically the same but RB defo has superior DLC

and yes all we seem to do is play RB at socials, we start with SF IV and geo wars, but we all end up on rock band. I got some vids I think, I'll put em up on the facebook page.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:16 pm

awesome, just one question, whens the first social?? im in notts now and need some excuses for much drinking and playing of games (well thats actually a lie, I dont need excuses, but its nicer to have them, and in fact I do that every day, but still...)
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Well we're launching with a mini social for memebers from last year but you're more than welcome aswell. More info will be given closer to the time but it's going to be sometime after the 5th.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:45 am

cool, thanks! Very Happy I will stay posted Smile
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:41 am

I'm more of a GH fan but I hear RB2 has Master Exploder in it. If so I must have a go at it at some point.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:45 am

yeah it does have Master Exploder but its only fun on guitar, all other instruments start half way through and are EASY (except Vocals I imagine) and the guitar gets dull once you know how to do it :/ but still, there are like a million other great songs on thar Razz I am DLC whoring for it atm, trying to scrape together enough money for the Spinal Tap album so I can finally turn it up to 11!!
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:47 am

Lol, I was more interested in the drum bit for Master Exploder. I watched a YT vid of someone doing it on expert and it got me thinking about it. I'm trying to up my skill with the drums since guitar bores me a bit these days.

And lol Spinal Tap. I watched a bit of that film.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:00 am

Its a great film, if your any good at expert drumming (I am not this good, but it looks damn fun) you should check out the new (well, kind of) Freezepop DLC there are some crazily fun looking songs in that pack Smile the Iron Maiden tp is good on drums too im a huge Irons fan so 12 Maiden songs was like heaven lol
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:03 am

Lol K then. I'm not that good at drumming, just enough to get through Scream Aim Fire on expert on GHWT without completely screwing up. And I'll attempt to check out some of the Iron maiden stuff, Number of the Beast being the only one I know.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:20 am

Yeah RB2 is awesome and all, but what about LEGO ROCK BAND
http://kotaku.com/5379562/lego-rock-band-ships-with-45-songs-music-censorship

The Police,
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
Bryan Adams, "Summer of 69"
Queen, "We Are The Champions"
The Coral, "Dreaming of You"
Queen, "We Will Rock You"
David Bowie, "Let's Dance"
Ray Parker Jr., "Ghostbusters"
EUROPE "THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!"
just to name a few

THIS CANNOT COME OUT SOON ENOUGH!!!!!!111323qdhfiue83y8romgwtfbbqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 am

Quote :
Shoe box ant: Yeah RB2 is awesome and all, but what about LEGO ROCK BAND

Just... No...
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:13 am

You read the set list in the link and say that again.... >:-I

THEY HAVE GHOSTBUSTERS FOR FUCKS SAKE

besides im buying it, getting any easy achivements, ripping it to my hard drive then trading it in
Back to top Go down
Garionepsilon
Mega Gamer
Garionepsilon

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:44 pm

LEGO. Insta win. Those songs look ok, lol, it'd be nice to try out the ghostbusters.

Please don't judge me because I like lego. Heck I'll play anything if it'll kill most of the day for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Band 2
Page 1 of 1