NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Trine Empty
PostSubject: Trine   Trine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:02 pm

I bought this from steam today and I have to say I love it. For those who don't know, Trine is a side scrolling platformer with a twist. You play one of three characters, which you can switch between at anytime, and use their individual abilitys to solve puzzels and fight off the undead. The entire game is super fantasy and even has a narrator with an old and wise sounding voice, at the end of the game he even says "And they all lived happily ever after". The music also adds so much to the games charm, that along with the little bits of banter between the characters at the begining and end of each level.

The graphics are really quite beautiful for a scrolling platformer and the level layout sees that all three characters are used quite evenly. Another good thing about it is it's RPG elements. Throughout the game you're collecting vials of expeince which unlock talent points to upgrade one of three abilites for each charater. The points are also split between the characters so you can upgrade all of them at the same time.

Alltogether this game was a really nice experience and fun to play. I'll defiently be replaying it just so I can try some puzzels a diffrent way and find all the secret areas. A feature of the game is being able to go back to any level with your fully upgraded characters, allowing you to do puzzels a completly diffrent way. If there was one thing i think this game needs it's a time trial option. I'd be really intrested to see how an online community would grow around this.

Make sure you head to steam and download the demo asap. I manged to get it on sale with 25% off, so it cost me £15. Which i think is maybe still a little over priced, but at the end of the day imho worth it. I can't really recommend downloading the demo enough. The entire game offers about 5 hours of solid play time, which isn't too bad considering some other full priced games. I think everyone who's ever enjoyed any platformer and likes good story telling should defiently check it out, and if you like it then buy it Smile

Trine is coming to the PSN in Q3 and is currently being ported for the XBLA.

Last edited by Radical Ewok on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

Trine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trine   Trine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Quote :
fight off the undead

I'm beginning to see a theme here
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President