NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on Microsoft conference?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

Thoughts on Microsoft conference? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Microsoft conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft conference? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:33 pm

The Project Natal thing looks pretty awesome. I can see it now: the gamersoc drunkenly shouting colours at an Xbox, drawing dicks on screen by waving their arms.

And MGS: Rising could be pretty cool too. Though I'm not sure if it was mentioned whether it was actually 360 exclusive?
Back to top Go down
http://hellfang.co.uk
Amaya
Insane Gamer
Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft conference? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:33 pm

I didnt see anything about that Project Natal on Kotaku, was-tha-aboot?

He didn't use the word exclusive, just that it was in development for 360... Having never played MGS, is having Raiden as the focus of the game a good thing?

I liked the look of the 'On Demand' service though, especially if you can download the game close to when its released... tis the future!

Halo: Reach? Meh. Will wait til i know more about it!

Final Fantasy XIII - Spring 2010... we gotta get some bets going on how long / how many times itll be delayed!

Oh and props for xbox avatars... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hellfang
Treasurer
Hellfang

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft conference? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:40 pm

Amaya wrote:
I didnt see anything about that Project Natal on Kotaku, was-tha-aboot?

like a full body motion sensor thing. its like a camera. and it tracks your body. but its like really accurate, so its not just like an eye toy. it looks pretty fun. you can scan real objects and they appear in game or something. and it can detect emotion. and theres some paint game where you shout colours and then draw stuff on a canvas. i think it has the potential to be really cool. here is a link because i suck at describing things: http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/01/microsoft-announces-motion-controller-for-xbox-360/

Amaya wrote:
He didn't use the word exclusive, just that it was in development for 360... Having never played MGS, is having Raiden as the focus of the game a good thing?

Raiden is pretty cool in the newer games. Being a ninja will be cool, though I am expecting it to be more like a ninja gaiden type game than the traditional stealth-em-up MGS games.
Back to top Go down
http://hellfang.co.uk
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft conference? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:22 am

I watched most of the xbox press conference live on gamespot. It was pretty damn spectacular, nintendo and sony look pretty dicked tbh. yeah project natal is about using your body as the controller so it has voice and facial recognition and full body tracking looks pretty mega. I loved it when their natal developer said the game will respond to more than just "pre-set waggle commands", microsoft does what nintendon't! Reggie must be pretty pissed needless to say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft conference? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 am

Yeah Natal did look good. The only worry have is that it can never be as perfect or accurate as pushing a button, so im still a bit wobbly about the whole thing. I can't wait to see it be implemented and have a go. But at the end of the day it's similar to the wii. The wii was a gimick from the start and everyone who has ever owned one now doesn't play it anymore. Therefore I can see this being great for a while, and then just getting a bit old. I'm also a bit melencholy about the whole thing since of past similarities such as the eye toy, and it being slightly shit with many ways to dupe it. I can't see it being a perfect tracker for proper competative games where a slight glitch or flaw could cause you a game? who knows. I'm all about accuracy, but it wont stop me loving it.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft conference? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:26 am

Hellfang wrote:
The Project Natal thing looks pretty awesome. I can see it now: the gamersoc drunkenly shouting colours at an Xbox, drawing dicks on screen by waving their arms.

i'm sold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft conference? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Microsoft conference?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter :: X-box-
Jump to: