NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed Empty
PostSubject: Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed   Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Let me just start by saying this is a whine thread, although I liked Assassin's Creed enough to finish the story mode and want to try and complete the rest of the sandbox side quests. There are so many things that are annoying about the game that I felt I had to post about them.
Go to the bottom of this post for a short summery of what's said if you don't fancy reading it all.

It all started about a month after I finished the game and now I wante to play it again to complete the side quests and get more achievement points. When I tried loading the game from the last save point it loads up the final mission. I thought that I may have needed to kill him again and make a save point after but sadly this was not the case. I then loaded the save point before that. Luckly I had the full amount of sync that you can get, but I still had to wait through 5 miniutes of unskippable convosation before I could even start try to get where i wanted to go. You also have to do this EVERYTIME you want to load up the game, which is very tedious.

Some of the acievement's such as pick pocketing 200 throwing knifes and and killing 75 guards with throwing knifes don't save as you progress through them and as the only way to save mid game is the complete an objective that does it means you either have to do that all in one go, or find the location of a flag and not take it or templar and not kill him untill you're bored and want to save what you've done so far.

1. Unable to save game data with out completing an objective
  2. Unable to veiw cities maps with out being inside the city
  3. Unemersive story (i was watching/listening to episodes of my name is earl as i played most of it)
  4. Lack of variety in game play
  5. Unskippable cut scenes
  6. Side quest objectives nearly impossible (flags and templars)

Ways to resolve these.

1. Using Bureaus as save points like safehouses in the GTA series.
  2. Pretty easy responce, again do what you can do with GTA.
  3. Okay, this really is to do with your personal taste, some people love the story. I think faster pacing would have helped, and being able to skip cutscenes if you're not into the game would've pissed less people off.
  4. What there is a great, but you're only doing a few things over and over again (such as saving a person so you can get vigilantes). Thinking of new ways to use what came with the game would have made it so much better. More things like collecting the flags in a ceritan time limit would have been pro.
  5. Covered this in No#.3 really, being able to skip them would have made the people intrested in the gameplay and not the story much happier.
  6. In the massive space of the game there are 60 templar knights and just under 500flags. You're given no aid in finding these. These missions are so time consuming and hard to find that there are almost no accurate maps of there locations. Having towns people talk about where they are would make more use of the easedropping, and other skills that are hardly ever used in the game. Also having flags or locations of templars given to you as rewards for saving towns people would have been great instead of nothing but vigilantes which do bugger all.
Well that's all I really had beef with in the game. I'm sure i'll think of a few things later, but i've covered the most annoying. Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

PostSubject: Re: Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed   Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:43 pm

I plain out wasn't really a fan of the game, tried it (borrowed copy) but after I found that the highly touted assassin couldn't sneak-kill his targets and was instead forced (via cutscene) into a ridiculously flourishy swordbattle that you can get through by holding a trigger and mashing a button...

I went right off it.

Plus you can't do anything even slightly suspicious at ground level.

Plus it takes a freakin' age to get out.

Plus... well, do I need to go on?

Admittedly I havn't completed it, but... well, I'll probably get round to it during summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

PostSubject: Re: Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed   Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 3:49 am

The game loves to repeat itself. Play the first hour, then copy paste that experiece a couple more times and you're done.
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

PostSubject: Re: Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed   Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:32 am

I have to agree and disagree at th same time.

Yes it is pretty much the same gameplay over and over until you complete it, and only gaining new abilities at the end of each memory block is ok but a bit annoying at the start when you can't really do jack all.

I also disagree since I have found this game really quite enjoyable. At first I really didn't like the game play, climbing walls, pickpocketing and slow interrogation. Oh and not the mention (as you have said before jay) the endless cutscenes which you can't skip ( GAY!) really puts it down. I haven't actualy completed it yet, Im am very close. I put down the game a few months ago after christmas when coming to uni. Have picked it up recently and have really found it quite fun. (I mostly started playing again for the achivements but also to complete it). Also becoming better at the game has made it more enjoyable. Knowing how to escape, spotting the best routes through buildings and on the rooftops is great. + the fact that I hadn't finished the game means I can still continue to complete achivements as I go along. Something I guess is just lucky that happened.

I do agree that save points can be annoying, but its probably best if you just do as many achivements as you want then kill the guy or what not. I dunno, just so you get the save. ++++++ on top of all this if you type in "assassins creed achivements" into google the first website is great. Click that and click on guide, it will tell you how to get each one. That website (i think is xboxachivements.com or something, no idea) is great for all games of the 360!

nuff said i think.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Jarvis
Gamer
Jarvis

PostSubject: Re: Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed   Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:27 pm

so so true. I came to another problem.

My little brother started the game from fresh when i was half way through the story and it just erased my save.... great game, but so many little faults that just annoy you so much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed   Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got Beef?... Assassin's Creed
Page 1 of 1