NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I blame Epic....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

I blame Epic.... Empty
PostSubject: I blame Epic....   I blame Epic.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:22 am

For such gray games!

Gears of War
I blame Epic.... Gears-of-war-2-20080513082841440_640w
GRAY!

Unreal Tournament 3
I blame Epic.... 20ku80x
GRAY!

How is a twitch shooter good when you're a reddy gray target shooting at a bluey gray target who's infront of a gray wall?

It's not that i'm against dark and edgy environments in computer games. I just don't understand why they're always gray now. I'm not going to start bitching about CoD4 or GTA4 because even though they can get very gray and brown in parts it works, the whole idea of the games is that it IS a real city or warzonel. Also when there is a bit of green in GTA for its green, not gray green, not dead tree green, just green!

Before you think of replying "well GoW is gray because it's trying to look realistic, edgy and cold" Here are a few examples of games which pull it off without gray.

Jak and Daxter 3
I blame Epic.... Wallpaperjak3018001_2
This was the darkest of the series. I know it's a platformer, but Jak3 was in no way a kiddies game.

BioShock
I blame Epic.... Bioshock_06

Half Life 2
I blame Epic.... Half-life-toronto-mod
This entire game is about humans being prisoners in there own cities. Even when you go to places where the reistance has been slaughtered it's still not gray!

Sorry about the massive rant, as a present for reading it here's a leaked screenshot of GoW3!!!!!
I blame Epic.... Nlpt9w
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

I blame Epic.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I blame Epic....   I blame Epic.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:34 am

wow they really bumped up the grey in the new GOW can't wait
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
s_doolan
Hardcore Gamer
s_doolan

I blame Epic.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I blame Epic....   I blame Epic.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 am

Don't forget Grayzone 2.
I blame Epic.... Killzone2_1

That said i think this game looks amazing, loved the demo, and preordered it. Just could do with a bit more colour.
Back to top Go down
Shoe box ant
Mega Gamer
Shoe box ant

I blame Epic.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I blame Epic....   I blame Epic.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:55 am

all the power of these consoles, cell processors, IBM chips, blue ray disks,High definition......all used to render shades of brown/grey. I mean geez, Im all for gritty realism but I play games to escape realism, When I get a head shot I want Fucking Rainbows shooting out their skulls!!!!

but on a more techical point I hate how in gears I can bearly see my team mates or the enemy, let alone tell them apart.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

I blame Epic.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I blame Epic....   I blame Epic.... Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:36 pm

i love the GoW games, sure they are quite bland in places but the gameplay more than makes up for it imo.
also the people in UT3 seem quite brightly coloured to me, enough to be able to flick and shoot like in the old UT games.
I think dark gritty games have their place as well as the colourful cheery ones too, tbh i haven't really thought about it before reading this
btw love the gow3 screen xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I blame Epic.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I blame Epic....   I blame Epic.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I blame Epic....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter-
Jump to: