NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yahtzee on da TVs!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Yahtzee on da TVs! Empty
PostSubject: Yahtzee on da TVs!   Yahtzee on da TVs! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:10 pm

http://gamedamage.net/

I saw a very explosive crazy ad for this after his latest review of sonic unleashed. Haven't seen it yet but thought i'd post about it here.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Yahtzee on da TVs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahtzee on da TVs!   Yahtzee on da TVs! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:52 pm

Well I just finished watching it and it was alright. 30miniutes long which was a bit hard to keep my attention on for something that's basically just a vlog with some gaming humor comic strips. If there is one thing that upsets me about it it's Yahtzee, I've been a fan of Zero Punctuation since the early videos such as Halo 3. It's not i'm upset he isn't exactly the same as he is on Zero Punctuation, it's sort of the opposite. His 2D avatar has been well established in the gaming review world for so long that it's hard for him to not act like like that whenever on camera / podcasting.

Obviously he won't live upto this ZP persona because those reviews he mades are drafted and re-drafted again to maximum Yahtzee harlarity, so when faced with trying to pull this off when less scritped it just falls short. I wish that he could just act as you think he normaly would and not try to put on his ZP front to please his retarded fanboys who just like hearing him get angry rather than listen to what he has to say about a game.

That being said he has his own section near the end of GameDamage which talking about adventure games and where they went. This reminded me of his psyconauts review which I consider one of his best because he's not just shouting and saying it's crap, but actually reviewing it.

All that being said i'm glad I watched it all the way through and I like the idea behind the show. If they cut out some of the less funnier comic strips and rehersed more I think they'll have a winner on there hands. I really hope they can get some funding and pull it off Smile
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Yahtzee on da TVs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahtzee on da TVs!   Yahtzee on da TVs! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:52 pm

Jesus, I will do anything to not finish this essay :X
Back to top Go down
Fergoose
Hardcore Gamer
Fergoose

Yahtzee on da TVs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahtzee on da TVs!   Yahtzee on da TVs! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 5:34 pm

I agree, hes trying to speak/act like his ZP reviews. Would have been much better if he sat down and talked games with the other two properly, obviously still with his wit but he needs to make more points about the games rather than loads of one liners for his fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Jim 028
Gamer
Jim 028

Yahtzee on da TVs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahtzee on da TVs!   Yahtzee on da TVs! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:32 am

Well it's only the first episode, no doubt it will get better as they get more experience with the format.
Back to top Go down
http://jim028.net
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Yahtzee on da TVs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahtzee on da TVs!   Yahtzee on da TVs! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:03 am

Not half bad, I'd say. They're unlike most other gaming shows in that they don't tend towards one format or just the big titles, which I like.
I hear all about the mainstream through the various sites I frequent, I don't need to hear more about them. Plus those three are more standable than the clearly scripted retards that host the vastest majority of other shows, most likely hired only for their pretty faces and acting ability. Game.tv on bravo is a good example of this; it gives steaming good reviews to pretty much every game it looks at, so there's no standard for what's good or bad. Critics are meant to be strict.

As for the whole awkwardness of Yahtzee, well, he'll settle into it, he seemed to be startled by the cameras or something, but he seemed much more relaxed by the end of the show, so hopefully the trend will continue.
Back to top Go down
FenriRagnarok
Hardcore Gamer
FenriRagnarok

Yahtzee on da TVs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahtzee on da TVs!   Yahtzee on da TVs! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:48 pm

it has a large potental off keeping people interested and excited for alot longer than most gamming shows and in all fairness, is alot more enjoyable to watch.

again with it being the pilot you can tell they where testing things out, but it did have that first show awkward feeling to it, but what pilot doesnt, and when this happens they would most likely relax and just act themselves more than making sure they get there overlall personalities across for protential sponsors and channels.
Back to top Go down
http://dragongraphics.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Yahtzee on da TVs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahtzee on da TVs!   Yahtzee on da TVs! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yahtzee on da TVs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter-
Jump to: