NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F.E.A.R.2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

F.E.A.R.2 Empty
PostSubject: F.E.A.R.2   F.E.A.R.2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:37 am

I don't know about you, but I happen to be looking forward to this particular jan' '09 release. I've only played a demo of Perseus Mandate (the most recent addition), and that's pretty much my full experience with the series. I played it in broad daylight and it still freaked me out to no end. It was awesome.

What bugs me though is that F.E.A.R.2 is joining the list of games that is banned in australia. The official reason? "high-impact violence."
What the fuck?
I shit you not, a game that falls into the catagory of horror was banned for being too violent for our pals down-under. This is because Australia doesn't have an R18+ or X18+ rating. If it's over a 15+, sorry, it's banned.

Attorney General Michael Atkinson has opposed and vetoed every notion to instate a R18+ rating for australia.

Essentially, I feel that should you ever meet this man, or anyone who supports him, you take a stick, and you hit him. And then you tell him 'No.'.

Oh, and:

"Last year, a study by Bond University for the IEAA found that more than 50 per cent of Australian gamers were aged over 18, making the average age 28.

"An R18+ classification will cater to the rising age of computer and video game players in Australia, allowing adult gamers to be treated as such and have broad choice in the types of games they play," the IEAA said. "
Back to top Go down
Selachii
Gamer
Selachii

F.E.A.R.2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.E.A.R.2   F.E.A.R.2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:08 am

I'm looking forward to this.. Ordinarily I won't even watch horror movies, but I played the original F.E.A.R with the lights out, and I've got to be honest I played it through to the end just so I could finish it and get rid of it again cuz it scared me :p Its a brilliant game, and I felt I had to finish it to give credit to the designers really. If F.E.A.R. 2 is going to be as well designed with even better graphics it'll be one for me to look out for, play, then sell again so the box doesn't scare me sitting on the shelf :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.darylk.co.uk

F.E.A.R.2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter-
Jump to: