NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirror's Edge

Go down 
+3
Pixellated
FenriRagnarok
Radical Ewok
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:28 am

I just want to know who else has downloaded the demo for this and is loving every second of it? For those of you who don't know Mirror's Edge is a first person free running game. I've pre-ordered my copy and I can't want to play the full game. Although at first look the levels look quite linear they really arn't, there are so many diffrent subtle paths to take which could mean you get to your destination 0.5 seconds faster, which in time trial is alot! I think it's going to be the type of game where i'm going to have to tell my housemates not to play it or watch me play it untill i'm done. Simply because there is a certian art to finding the fastest paths which arn't necessarily the red parts.

I've been playing the demo solidly with my house mates and we've started timing our best runs. It's crazy how many hours straight we've managed to just game with the 1 level on the demo which lasts under 3miniutes. Sadly because i pre-ordered from Game i didn't get the pre-order key which unlocks the time trial mode on the demo, so we've had to resort to using the timer on my housemates iPhone ^^

I'd like to throw down the gauntlet for this demos time.
My best so far: 2min.45sec.4
House best: 2min.43sec.4

The rules are you play the demo level (the part past the training). The timer starts when you move forwards (moving your looking veiw is allowed) and ends when you hear the slap of your hands hitting the helicopter (SPOILER LOL). You're not allowed to skip the cutscene at the end where you throw the bag to the chick in the red top. The first time you play the demo there will be annoying pop ups telling you how to play, we don't count these as after the first play they won't show anymore as long as you don't leave the demo.

I realise now after writing the rules that this only really applys for today as the game comes out tomorrow :/ but it's still good to have for people who love the demo and can't afford to buy it.

The demo is now on XBL and i assume it is also on PSN and filefont, etc... If you don't know what this game is about then I seriosuly recommend you check it out!
Back to top Go down
FenriRagnarok
Hardcore Gamer
FenriRagnarok

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:18 am

i hate you. the pc version isntt out until next year. GRRRRRRRRRRRr damn you and your console.
o by the way its a parkour game not a free running game.
Back to top Go down
http://dragongraphics.deviantart.com/
Pixellated
Hardcore Gamer
Pixellated

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:38 am

FenriRagnarok wrote:
i hate you. the pc version isntt out until next year. GRRRRRRRRRRRr damn you and your console.
Second'd. Cuuuuuuuurse youuuuuuuuuuu
Back to top Go down
http://7-0-7.co.uk
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:25 pm

woot. Il be downloading and giving it a try.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:31 pm

New DLC for Mirror's Edge coming this January.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2NAQ7-DFc&feature=dir

No guns, no cops, and no city to stand in your way. Just floating blocks in space and the challenge of getting through the check points as fast as possible. Even though the story mode was super short and the second half of it was pretty ghey the time trial mode is where this game shines. Cutting away the AI, poor combat mode and not having the restraints of making a believable world leaves the core of what makes the game great.

I'm not sure how much this map pack will cost but it being from EA i'm sure it won't be cheap and i'm sure this won't be the last pack we'll get. That being said I am looking forward to it, I'm just hoping to be supprised by EA.
Back to top Go down
Fergoose
Hardcore Gamer
Fergoose

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:42 pm

that map pack makes me want to buy it. ill probably pick it up come january hoping the price drops Smile
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:24 am

The demo did this game credit, but I think this game isn't going to be as good as everyone hoped or thought it'd be. It's going to be spore all over again.
And of course, it's also suffering from EA syndrome, so all that DLC is going to cost you.
IGN wrote:
According to an official statement the DLC will cost you $10, or 800 Microsoft points. PlayStation 3 gamers will have access to an additional map for free.

Unfortunately it doesn't mention whether that $10 covers the entire DLC, which currently consists of 7 maps, or you'll have to pay $10 for every map.
Either way, I'm not too happy about knowing I'm going to buy a game that's never going to be improved upon or supported, even if it does look holycrapawesome.
...which is why I'm not going to buy it. Well done EA.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:53 am

Serif wrote:
I'm not too happy about knowing I'm going to buy a game that's never going to be improved upon or supported

It's EA stratagie. In a way they are improving the game and supporting it by releasing DLC, but because they're total fucks they're charging us for it -.-
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:28 am

UPDATE: New DLC is said to be coming out on the 29th of January and cost 800MSP. There are rumors that the release date will be pushed back to mid febuary.
Back to top Go down
FenriRagnarok
Hardcore Gamer
FenriRagnarok

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:11 pm

FenriRagnarok wrote:

YAY its already on pc, and already completed, gotta say i agree with most people aboutthe game being to short, but what was there was pure untampered cocaine. i havent stopped playing it since i got it... ive even lost track of wht day i got it, all i know is it wasnt long ago,

and alos to comment on the combat, ai etc, yer it was medioca, but what makes the game all the more fun is to force yourself not to fight throughout the whole game, not saying ive done that yet, but i am damn well trying and destroying my fingers in the process.
Back to top Go down
http://dragongraphics.deviantart.com/
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:37 am

DLC Update! I have it from a reliable source (Jeeva) that the DLC has been released TODAY! I can't wait for my bursary to come through next week so I can download this bad boy!
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:20 am

I feel reliable!

On that sort of note, I know it may actually kill Jay if we have to go proper EA-account online (all of your times reset, as I found today), shall we have a kind of rough-shod leaderboard for M-Edge speedruns on here? =)

Or maybe a weekly/arbitrary amount of time-ly course on which to just blast the hell out of.

If anyone is online with it, I'm... Jeeva. Or something. May have to check that, actually. =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
Sponsored content

Mirror's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge   Mirror's Edge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror's Edge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Banter-
Jump to: