NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RB2 vs GH4

Go down 
+4
Jeeva
Fergoose
Pixellated
Erebus-Styx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Erebus-Styx
Co-President
Erebus-Styx

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:40 am

Rock Band 2 just battered Guitar Hero 4 on Metacritic 92 to 86...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/guitarheroworldtour
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/rockband2
Back to top Go down
http://www.erebusstyx.co.uk/
Pixellated
Hardcore Gamer
Pixellated

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 am

To be honest, who didn't see it coming? Not to mention all the [url=http://kotaku.com/5068898/guitar-hero-world-tour-facing-drum-issues]drum problems[url] GH has been having.
Back to top Go down
http://7-0-7.co.uk
Fergoose
Hardcore Gamer
Fergoose

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:43 pm

pff, i dont care, im still gonna get guitar hero 4. if i wanna play a drumming music game ill walk into wills room and play rock band 2 Smile. i just want to make my e-peen bigger with my mates back home cos theyve yet to see me pull off expert songs on gh3. that, and gh i find alot easier to hit the hammer ons and pull offs, so it makes me think im so totally way cooler.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Lol, I don't know. =(
I'm having big debates in my head right now, overall. May write some stuff out about it, starting to annoy me. GH = far sooner, plus I have it on order, plus known price and free 'bass', drums have cymbals but problems, Metallica

RB2 = Better reviews, fewer problems, etc, feel closer to Harmonix due to the hugs I got from Alex
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Both are good, Il be getting GHWT i think. Although tbh there is little differnce and its only the drums that is conflicting with my judgement. I would like both ultimatly but who knows what will happen.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Pixellated
Hardcore Gamer
Pixellated

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:53 pm

When you can actually play drums IRL, Rock Band drums are horrible. I had to teach myself to miss out the bass every half bar, which in turn made everything harder. I switched to guitar when I realised it was undoing my ability to play.
Back to top Go down
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:54 am

my flat (i say my flat as we all payed for) have Rock Band which we play quite a bit, its a fantastic game, i used to be a GH addict but after actually playing RB (which was at clifton freshers in fact, n we won the comp which may have had summat to do with my defection..) i feel it is way better as more ppl get involved, but now GH4 is the same, plus track editing Shocked im really torn between em :/
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:09 pm

I've recently been rethinking my decision. After reading reviews and watching them I think im gonna have to go with RB2!

Reasons why:

. GHWT - I wasnt clear whether create a track was to create your OWN track from scratch (which is what I get the impression it is) or whether you make it for a song you have on your hard-drive

.GHWT - Drum set very unreliable, although when playing it feels more like a drum kit, its not very reliable.

.GHWT - Poor DL content, and track setlist can't quite compete with RB2

.RB2 - Can import all the old songs from RB1 for something like $5, add those to the huge setlist and the endless reams of Downloadble content, you're gonna be sorted for practicaly forever.

.RB2 - Harmonix moved from GH to RB, the experience is there and the game will play better. At least I hope.
Back to top Go down
Pixellated
Hardcore Gamer
Pixellated

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:43 am

acandymancan wrote:

. GHWT - I wasnt clear whether create a track was to create your OWN track from scratch (which is what I get the impression it is) or whether you make it for a song you have on your hard-drive
That, and anything you make that has the slightest hint of copyright infringement about it will be removed.
Back to top Go down
El_Immigrento
Casual Gamer
El_Immigrento

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:31 am

Well, I bought GHWT, Took it home, played about 6 tracks and my drum kit broke... nice work.

took it back, and am now rocking all over the world. Smile

Its not a bad game, although i have to say its not in anyway different to RB. apart from the fact you all die if you get one sucky band mate.
top track list however, or atleast majority of them are. really let down by lack of chilli peppers and metallica songs though.

by all means buy it, but dont expect to be blown away.
loves
x
Back to top Go down
jax0509
Gamer
jax0509

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:30 am

I was actually very impressed with GHWT, this is coming from a major Rockband fanboy. I'll copy paste a review I did for scorehero

I think overall it is very fun, I've had more fun playing through the easier songs than I've had on any prior GH game or RB game; the new features really are a fresh change and I hope they are further expanded.
I'm also a fan of the new guitar, feels much more comfy than the LP which killed my ribs. The strum bar is nice, though I'm not sure if I prefer it to the LP while the fret buttons are very nice now they have softened a bit. Meanwhile the new star power button is simply incredible.
The easier songs seem much more varied than in previous games, though there are still terrible terrible songs there I can see myself playing through the easier songs again far more than say GH3.
The menus don't really bother me that much, due to the fast scroll rate the lack of browsing options doesn't bother me and the HUD is good when talking about the fret board...I find the note charts easier to read than any other game so far. Also I think the backgrounds are incredible, seriously I love them.
Whilst it doesn't seem like a massive improvement over Rock bands the character creator works well and I did enjoy making a character for me to use a lot.

However it is by no means perfect:

While the majority of the new features are brilliant this doesn't however include the purple ho-po bits which are quite frankly....shit. I swear to god my soul dies every time I have to play them in a song. I really hope they get cut from future DLC releases. They serve no purpose other than to annoy the hell out of people.
While the note charts are easy to read, and the backgrounds are nice the rest of the HUD is terrible, seriously it takes the few bits that were good about GH3's and ruins it. It looks amaturish and it makes it impossible to see things like your multiplayer when playing without missing.
On a more personal level while there is a very varied set list there is a distinct lack of metal in the setlist and I think it could have done with at least a few harder songs...hopefully as with Rock band 1 this can be changed through DLC.

Overall I'd give this game an 8.5/10...I would certainly recommend people buy this game, though it is by no means perfect.
Back to top Go down
jax0509
Gamer
jax0509

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 9:05 am

Ok, I've had RB2 for the same amount of time as I had GH:WT for when I wrote my mini review. This won't be anywhere near as long as the WT one but I'll give it a mini review.

I can't help but be impressed with the setlist for Rockband 2. If you are a pure guitarist you might be a little disappointed as there is quite a lot of uninteresting songs before the last two tiers give you a serious kick in the balls. However if you play other instruments like me this is a far better setlist than GH:WT, far more varied, and more challenging on the harder difficulties. As I alluded to before the last two tiers on all instruments are very hard...infact they are probably the hardest finally tiers of any game so far only rivalled by GH3. Oh and the metal is welcomed by me with open arms.

The game feels far more polished than GH:WT, the graphics are far better and the menues work far better even though they weren't too much of a problem in GH:WT....however I have 90 odd songs in WT and close to 300 now for RB so the comparison isn't too fair.

Despite the fact that ultimately Rock band 2 is a better game, game mechanics, graphics and setlist, I couldn't help but think that GH:WT had a fun factor that RB2 was lacking. Overall both have their strengths and limitations. I recommend RB2 but to be honest both are worthy additions if you like music games.
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:50 am

Nice reviews jax. helpful summaries
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RB2 vs GH4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RB2 vs GH4   RB2 vs GH4 Icon_minitime