NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COUNTER STRIKE!

Go down 
+3
Fergoose
Radical Ewok
FooLBoY^
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FooLBoY^
Casual Gamer
FooLBoY^

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Do any of you play cs 1.6 or do all of you not have skills and play source?
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Even as a joke posts like this won't really help you out. I've spoken to a few gamer soc members who still play 1.6 although I think most of the community plays source. I'd suggest you join our steam community if you haven't already http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ntugamersoc you'll probably find some people on there to play with.

EDIT: please try to keep things plesant on these forums, posts which might offend other members are not welcome in this society.
Back to top Go down
Fergoose
Hardcore Gamer
Fergoose

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:37 pm

I'm a sucker for nice graphics and never took CS that seriously, so when source came out i swapped to that, but unfortunatly my pc is shared and i left it at home, 360 gaming ftw.
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:17 am

I think source is a great game, never really got into 1.6. I think its more of a cult thing now and would be hard for me to work my way in with all my source knowledge since the 2 games are somewhat different.

Im just a sucker for pretty graphics ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
3vangelist
Casual Gamer
3vangelist

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:38 am

1.6 is now one of those games labelled 'die hard only' when it comes to online gaming, up there with the likes of Deus Ex, Quake 3 and UT'99.
Back to top Go down
FooLBoY^
Casual Gamer
FooLBoY^

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Radical Ewok wrote:
EDIT: please try to keep things plesant on these forums, posts which might offend other members are not welcome in this society.

Who would take offence to that... its common knowledge these days Razz
Back to top Go down
acandymancan
Secretary
acandymancan

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:22 pm

FooLBoY^ wrote:
Radical Ewok wrote:

Who would take offence to that... its common knowledge these days Razz

Even if it was common knowledge that 1.6 players were to be deemed as you put it "skilled", it still does not change the fact that source is also a skillful game. As is any game for that matter. 1.6 is just different to source. The only point people compare them are because they are created by the same people and it has the same name. However! This does not mean source was a complete remake of 1.6 and therefore did not have to have the same characteristics and gameplay mechanics that source has today. It merely has updated the gameplay to a modern standard but in doing so has lost the 1.6 distinctive feel.

In reply to your quote of radicals, I think we need to respect the games each other play. Its almost like religion. You don't go around implying that christians are wrong. you support that they have different interests and accept that. Please keep it light hearted, ^_^.
Back to top Go down
http://tompearsonmultimedia.blogspot.com/
Pixellated
Hardcore Gamer
Pixellated

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:31 pm

I've been getting back onto Source now after a 2 year absence, and I'm keeping a solid 1:1 kdr. Hopefully I'll be improving soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://7-0-7.co.uk
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Yeah I play source, been playing for bout 2 years now n am part of a clan called Delta Squad, however will be making a clan of my own with a couple other ppl very soon. If anyone is interested in joining add me (3agle_Land3r) to steam n let me know ^^. Or indeed, if u jus wanna watch me scout ur ass u can add me too javascript:emoticonp('Razz')

Also, if there is anyone having problems with CSS on clifton campus, I found a sneaky solution to the major laggage. go to set launch option n type '-port 27016'. This definately has helped my connection with CSS so hopefully will other ppl too Razz.

I also think it would be good if the gamer soc could have a room on clifton campus for gaming/social etc. Just a sugestion ^^.

COUNTER STRIKE! 15223_random
Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

COUNTER STRIKE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTER STRIKE!   COUNTER STRIKE! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COUNTER STRIKE!
Page 1 of 1