NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'lo all

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
3vangelist
Casual Gamer
3vangelist

'lo all Empty
PostSubject: 'lo all   'lo all Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:32 am

I'd signed up for the society thru the freshers fair - having been disgusted at the level of skill that 2 guys were playing Halo 3 at your stall, I figured I'd lend my talents to the society to show people how to play it properly Razz

On a more serious note, I study at the Clifton campus when I'm not working/gaming at home. I vilify the PS3, purely because it looks like an overglossed spaceship of gayness, so naturally I own an Xbox 360. Games include CoD4, Halo 3, Gears of War, Guitar Hero 3, and Unreal Tournament 3 - as you can see, I'm an FPS gamer.

My traits in gaming don't stop with the console - I got my first PC when I was 3, and had already upgraded it myself at 5 from DoS to Windows 3.1, having changed the motherboard twice in between (I still have my original one somewhere!). At current I have a custom build half-way-house PC, clawing its way out of the AMD Athlon Era - Specs at the bottom of this post Wink. As for games on the PC, I own an account on Steam with the entire Counter-Strike and Half-Life Series, CoD4, UT3, UT'99, Quake 4, and the Team Fortress series to name but a few of my fifty-something strong collection of FPS games.

I mainly focus on Counter-Strike: Source, having spent a good few years in competetive gaming. Now though, I'm just a n00b with scout in-hand. If anyone wants to play, just drop me a PM Smile

PC Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe
Graphics: 2 x Nvidia 8800GT 512MB PCI-E (SLi Enabled)
Processor(s): AMD Athlon x64 Dual Core 4400+
Soundcard(s): X-Fi Xtreme Music, SB Audigy 2, X-Fi Xtreme Audio
RAM: DDR PC3200 - 3GB

I'm also a dedicated wireless gamer, and have been since 2003.

I need to pay my £4 for membership still - can anyone point me in the right direction?
Back to top Go down
Fergoose
Hardcore Gamer
Fergoose

'lo all Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'lo all   'lo all Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:06 pm

hey, welcome Smile. if id have attended the freshers fair no doubt id have been shocked at these people playing halo 3 too, as its my main game on the xbox 360. i added a bunch of people today to play with, if i didnt add u already, add me, gamer tag is fergoose, i play halo religiously, and id like to think im pretty good at it. i can beat erebus in a 1v1, yet to find any other gamer soc member who can beat me, but its only because ive played halo since it was released Razz. so yeah, add me and ill be more than willing to do some gaming, im on most of the time anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

'lo all Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'lo all   'lo all Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Sounds like a bloke after my own heart, in terms of building PC's. Haven't found many other GS members willing to admit to it, yet Wink.

Impressed/scared by the ages you've put for building/respeccing/upgrading, though. Wink I was a good 3-4 years behind you. =o

Look forward to meeting you on some form of online battlefield, though. =)
G'luck against Fergoose. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
3vangelist
Casual Gamer
3vangelist

'lo all Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'lo all   'lo all Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:42 am

Trust me, in this day and age, past experiences with pc modding counts for nil Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'lo all Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'lo all   'lo all Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'lo all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NTU Gamer Soc :: Gamer Soc Banter-
Jump to: