NTU Gamer Soc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NTU Gamer Soc

The Official NTU Gamer Soc Forum

Gamer Soc SiteGamer Soc Site  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cliftoners

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jax0509
Gamer
jax0509

Cliftoners Empty
PostSubject: Cliftoners   Cliftoners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:30 am

Hey just to say if there is anyone here who goes to clifton I would be happy when im free to host VERY mini game events in my room. I have a reasonable sized tv for student accommodation (24" i think) and a 360. I have Halo 3, Guitar hero 2 and 3, Rockband with a shite ton of DLC, and CoD4 which im useless at. Im in block M lincoln court incase anyone was wondering.
Back to top Go down
Radical Ewok
Co-President
Radical Ewok

Cliftoners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliftoners   Cliftoners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:32 am

Hello to all Cliftoners. The gamer soc committy was so shocked at the ammount of people who signed up at cliftion that we're decided to arrange some tournies/events on the clifton campus. Jeeva, who is sort of our resident gamer commity member at clifton tells us that there are computer labs with steam installed on them and also massive lecture theaters where we will probably be able to hook up xboxs.

I really like our members taking initiative like this to build up stronger ties with other members.
Back to top Go down
Serif
Hardcore Gamer
Serif

Cliftoners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliftoners   Cliftoners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:19 am

Eh, I'll be sure to drop by at some point Jax, probably of an evening, I'll think of something. I'm in E block, Castle.
Back to top Go down
Jeeva
Treasurer

Cliftoners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliftoners   Cliftoners Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:53 pm

Heh, yeah, we're going to have to set up some larger events at Clifton, Jay.

I'm thinking... Guitar Hero/Geometry Wars hotseated etc either on the projector at the point (for the bar) or in JC6, or some kind of LAN based fun on the steam machines/getting all the clifton xbox/PC/whatever lads into larger rooms with power and stuff, depending on how much y'all feel like carrying stuff around. Worst Case, maybe four seminar rooms with an Xbox in each, four guys to an xbox... could be good, but I hear the tech support chaps in CIB/NTU staff are a bit odd about it. Unions seem easier, in some ways.

=D

On a random note, and obvious the same proviso applies as above (namely, if I get all 2-- chaps descending on me, there's no way it'll work), but some small living room tournaments/friendly meetings could work.

Worst case, simple verified score boards etc are a low hassle way to play against people. But not the social stuff we signed up for, eh? =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.justpowerdown.com
3agle_land3r
Mega Gamer
3agle_land3r

Cliftoners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliftoners   Cliftoners Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:28 pm

hey, loving the ideas, especially guitar hero in lecture theaters! hope something gets sorted out anyways, thought id let everyone know that im on clifton (B-Block) n will help with any organising/back-up of these events if needed!
Eagle_Land3r@hotmail.com
N0220307
Alex Woodcock

Cliftoners 15223_random
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cliftoners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliftoners   Cliftoners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cliftoners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum